• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Ah - the hard primers for an open bolt, the overcharged powder capacity, a total nightmare for shooting in a standard pistol (which you should never do.). It was designed to use only in the Uzis.

I've seen this stuff sold on Gunbroker as Israeli import surplus. Wonder how many people lost fingers to it. It's a spicy meatball for sure.
    Lol. I bought 4 or 5 cans of it and didn't realize what I had bought till later.
    We shoot it on occasion in a HK,
    It will certainly pickup the cyclic rate.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Lol. I bought 4 or 5 cans of it and didn't realize what I had bought till later.
    We shoot it on occasion in a HK,
    It will certainly pickup the cyclic rate.
    It was the main reason why many modern 9 mms beefed up chamber strength to handle higher pressures. Which, of course then lead to the proliferation of +p+ Ammo out there. Which, of course then lead to the 9 mm Super for the competition guys trying to make major…

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I don’t know if it was that ammo specifically, but there was hot 9mm NATO ammo being made for the subguns and being imported. Many guns for the civilian market were made for SAAMI specced 9mm ammo and weren’t really built for the higher pressures of the 9mm NATO rounds that were starting to flood the market back in the late 80s when a lot of cold war surplus became available.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don’t know if it was that ammo specifically, but there was hot 9mm NATO ammo being made for the subguns and being imported. Many guns for the civilian market were made for SAAMI specced 9mm ammo and weren’t really built for the higher pressures of the 9mm NATO rounds that were starting to flood the market back in the late 80s when a lot of cold war surplus became available.
    It could be this, the feds were hot on this ammo and shutting sales down, with it taking slides off and breaking bolts. I read long ago it was made for winter use in the sten's if I remember right. It's been thirty years now.
    It will make little subguns run like they are supposed to.
    When I got it, I shot a few out of a 226, it was like shooting a 10mm Derringer.

Top Bottom