• ...and so much more!
  • Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Probably the funding vs shreves wealth.
    And then second reason is probably people (outside marion county) not realizing shreve is a clown.
    I live in New Castle. I knew Shreve was a clown. I get my news from WIBC, primarily. However, I think the problem is not everybody is as big into the 2A like those of us on here. Shreve was able to capitalize on the border issue. On Shreve's campaign website, he said all the right things to make him appear he is a rock-solid conservative.

I guess I'm going to vote Libertarian in the Fall Election. I know it won't make a difference. If you don't have an "R" after your name, you are not going to win in this district. And, if you suggest voting "L", many Republican voters will tell you how that might let the "D" candidate win.

Just to show the "Republican" mindset in Henry County, I will use our former state Rep.Tom Saunders as an example. He was a RINO. I'm convinced he was really a Democrat. However, to win a county election in Henry County, you have to be a Republican. He ran for various county offices as a Republican and won. When he ran for State Rep., he won. Yet, he was one of only 2 or 3 Republicans to vote against Constitutional Carry on every vote. Early in his State Rep. career, he authored a bill which would have made non-profits pay property taxes. He cited the example of churches being tax-exempt and that they were "sitting on" lots of untapped tax money. Yet, church members in this county loved him. He "retired" as a beloved "statesman".

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes, and it is "our" fault.

My constitutionalist candidate didn't win, but I spent plenty of time proselytizing for him among my coworkers and acquaintances.

I see the larger problem as the Indiana State Republican Party. It is as you say too far left. We, those who believe in a constitutionalist government, need to retake control of the Republican Party within this state and drive it to only select Constitutionalist candidates.

BRG is a perfect example. Simply on his stated platform positions he should never have been permitted to run under the Republican Party banner as they conflicted with the Republican Party national platform. The same is true of many other candidates in Indiana, with Todd Young as the poster boy.

The best way to stop the continuous descent to Communism via inaction of the opposition party is to remake it into a fighter, and one focused on actual constitutional compliance. That means every candidate passes a litmus test. The likes of the BRG do not get the support of the party. That starts at the precinct level.

BRG like candidates will still run, they want the power and the influence, but they will be forced to run under a party that more closely aligns with their actual beliefs and actions. The Communist Party of the United States of America, also known as the Democratic Party.

I too would like a pure Constitution party. From a more pragmatic perspective however; the current two parties are too entrenched to permit entry of a third party. They took care of that when Teddy Roosevelt won. The practical solution is to take over and remake the Republican Party.
    I really like this post. Everything you lay out can be done but it requires engagement by the people to execute it. I have been involved at various levels with party and candidates several times in the last thirty years and one thing strikes me as odd, I rarely meet someone more conservative than me.

Yep, whether at a meeting or volunteering rarely see anyone more conservative than me. Why? Where are they? That very question likely is asked often by those that are elected to run the party and candidates. Just had a face to face conversation with a guy more conservative than me complaining about the party but he never does anything but vote and complain.

These standards you suggest, I’m in full support. Now how do we get them? Folks need to volunteer at the precinct level, work up to the township level and then county level. Each level usually votes for those at the level above.

We must do more, others are doing it, why aren’t we?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I live in New Castle. I knew Shreve was a clown. I get my news from WIBC, primarily. However, I think the problem is not everybody is as big into the 2A like those of us on here. Shreve was able to capitalize on the border issue. On Shreve's campaign website, he said all the right things to make him appear he is a rock-solid conservative.

I guess I'm going to vote Libertarian in the Fall Election. I know it won't make a difference. If you don't have an "R" after your name, you are not going to win in this district. And, if you suggest voting "L", many Republican voters will tell you how that might let the "D" candidate win.

Just to show the "Republican" mindset in Henry County, I will use our former state Rep.Tom Saunders as an example. He was a RINO. I'm convinced he was really a Democrat. However, to win a county election in Henry County, you have to be a Republican. He ran for various county offices as a Republican and won. When he ran for State Rep., he won. Yet, he was one of only 2 or 3 Republicans to vote against Constitutional Carry on every vote. Early in his State Rep. career, he authored a bill which would have made non-profits pay property taxes. He cited the example of churches being tax-exempt and that they were "sitting on" lots of untapped tax money. Yet, church members in this county loved him. He "retired" as a beloved "statesman".
    If you truly want to understand this the articles in this thread do an excellent job of explaining what creates the situations you describe.

And, if you suggest voting "L", many Republican voters will tell you how that might let the "D" candidate win.
    Is this not true? Are libertarians the answer? If all republicans were replaced by libertarians in the Indiana what would the laws out of the legislature change? My research into libertarianism does not indicate a panacea there either and as soon as the libertarians get power they too will be co-opted…

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I leave the state for five days after absentee voting and the sheeples idiots hand that POS Shreve a victory! WTF? The guy is a hypocritical RINO who changes positions on the 2A like the wind blows. Seriously???
    :ar15::poop: !

Last edited:

jdhilder56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2020
    Shelbyville
    I saw several posts on Facebook from a group called Recenter Indiana (I think that was the name). They pointed out that Democrats could vote in the Republican primary. I wonder if Shreve picked many votes from this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw several posts on Facebook from a group called Recenter Indiana (I think that was the name). They pointed out that Democrats could vote in the Republican primary. I wonder if Shreve picked many votes from this.
    I saw one of those computerized billboards up in Bloomington advertising it.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy

I leave the state for five days after absentee voting and the sheeples idiots hand that POS Shreve a victory! WTF? The guy is a hypocritical RINO who changes positions on the 2A like the wind blows. Seriously???
    :ar15::poop: !
    Well, as I have been told, being part of the 13% that showed up to vote isn't enough and our votes do not make a difference.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Of course he did.

sheeve figured out what a lot of commies in Indiana figured out. If you want to be a winning Democrat you have to run on the Republican ticket.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    And those commies get by with it because of apathy from the electorate…

It's what they want.

Take that **** sucking piece of **** "prosecutor" out of Marion County they call "Ryan Mears".

Out of control crime, thugs released on wrist slap chargers, law enforcement cleary advocating AGAINST electing the **** sucker, and he gets almost 60% of the vote.

Same story with that piece of **** mayor they call hog ****.

Top Bottom