• Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Holsun 407k green dot
    Then replaced the junk Sig Romeo Zero red dot.
    On another note that completed my transition from Blue Steel 1911 leather and irons
    To compact Hi cap FN Reflex plastic with an optic and a kydexi

I’m getting old
    Wait….am I getting young?
    What didn't you like about the Sig?
    What model Romeo was it?
    I don't own any, but I'm curious because I might one day.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    What didn't you like about the Sig?
    What model Romeo was it?
    I don't own any, but I'm curious because I might one day.
    The Sig Romeo one was good the first day out. Zero it in at 10 yards and dead on. 100 rounds no problem.Next time out it was off a bit but I got it back in 3rd time out off again but after 1 of my test rounds the dot shot off way hi right and I could not ever get it back to zero

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The Sig Romeo one was good the first day out. Zero it in at 10 yards and dead on. 100 rounds no problem.Next time out it was off a bit but I got it back in 3rd time out off again but after 1 of my test rounds the dot shot off way hi right and I could not ever get it back to zero
    Thats fair,
    With the EcoTech I bought it just never has worked right for us. I've never left batterys in it when its not being used. I finely called and a engineer talked to me right before I could send it back and get a good refund on it towards another scope. I should have sent it back then.
    He sent me a rubber disk with the two battery buttons on it to push down in the battery case and that should solve my problems.
    It still will work great one day and then the next you cant get it to turn on.

Was you Sig the 100 or the two hundred dollar model?
    It shouldn't really matter, they all should work like they are supposed to.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Finally picked up my very own "little" 50 ae desert eagle. Hadn't intended on purchasing it, but very happy I did.
    Jesus dont feel bad, my girl stopped in at an advertized auction in Elwood today to see what a few things would go for. One thing we were interested was a upper model Lead Sled and a, as new out of the crate Remington 03A3 service rifle.
    We hope to pick it up from there FFL in a hour or so.
    She called me around 1pm today and said, guess what you bought and you spent %$#%$ on a 75 year old rifle.
    I was actually quiet for a moment. Pics and more to come later.

Buckshost2825

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2024
    Crown Point
    Jesus dont feel bad, my girl stopped in at an advertized auction in Elwood today to see what a few things would go for. One thing we were interested was a upper model Lead Sled and a, as new out of the crate Remington 03A3 service rifle.
    She called me around 1pm today and said, guess what you bought and you spent %$#%$ on a 75 year old rifle.
    Yeah, my taste is a bit rich so I went for a gun broker auction, ended up with a good little beauty with some extra stuff... maybe not worth it, but dang it, it's a good looking firearm. I am a bit jealous though, eventually I plan on hoarding a bunch of C&R guns just for personal pleasure and conversation pieces or holiday funsies.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Thats fair,
    With the EcoTech I bought it just never has worked right for us. I've never left batterys in it when its not being used. I finely called and a engineer talked to me right before I could send it back and get a good refund on it towards another scope. I should have sent it back then.
    He sent me a rubber disk with the two battery buttons on it to push down in the battery case and that should solve my problems.
    It still will work great one day and then the next you cant get it to turn on.

Was you Sig the 100 or the two hundred dollar model?
    It shouldn't really matter, they all should work like they are supposed to.
    Actually it was $130 on Amazon so at least I can send it back and get a refund easy enough. I bought the Holasun at Highsmiths in Greenfield. $249 but it just feels better looks better so I have high hopes it preforms better. You do get what you pay for. If this doesn’t work out I will probably just go back to Irons

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Heres the Edit and a few pics now that we have picked it upfrom Gun Slingers in Anderson. Super professional man behind the counter, we were out in 10 minutes.
    Its clean for sure. I'm not a pre Garand service rifle guy.
    Heres a few of it, before the big scrub, oil, shoot, spray cosmoline and pack away for my son.
    First pic is a screen shot off of the auction site, I forgot to get a few whole pics.
    Screenshot_20240518_204111_Facebook.jpg

20240518_193646.jpg

20240518_193608(2).jpg

20240518_193741(1).jpg
    20240518_194027(1).jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Actually it was $130 on Amazon so at least I can send it back and get a refund easy enough. I bought the Holasun at Highsmiths in Greenfield. $249 but it just feels better looks better so I have high hopes it preforms better. You do get what you pay for. If this doesn’t work out I will probably just go back to Irons
    A few guys that I have talked to in the last two years are quite happy with the Holasuns that they have bought, both the switch on and off and the shake awake models.
    Thanks.

Top Bottom