• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I saw an adapter that allows the use of an AR stock on an AK rifle. I just do not remember where i saw it now. I'm pondering going that direction on my AK. I'm wanting to shorten the length of pull, but I do not like the OEM style AK stocks. I was thinking along the lines of a 6 position AR stock. My question is, do the adapters work, if so how well? Also where can you buy them, and are they stock specific?

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    CAA makes them in plastic/polymer and aluminum. Here's the 1st link that popped up: CopsPlus.com: Command Arms AKT Aluminum Tube for AK

I have the Vltor that I got from Brownells... lots of other people carry them too, but many are out of stock. Vltor Weapons Systems -Modstock Accessories and Components (4th product down).

Many people report that the CAA has a gap(s) where it enters the receiver; all I can say is that the Vltor comes with shims that eliminate any gaps. The Vltor also has QD sling mounts on both sides of the tube. It's a well built piece.

PB032971.jpg

PB032975.jpg

PA162949-1.jpg

PA162939-1.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I have the caa and it's great but will usually require some grinding to fit. I've seen the vltor and i'm equally impressed. I think the vltor has recesses for sling swivels and the CAA has rings for sling hooks if that matters to you.

Top Bottom