• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I am looking for a light weight AR stock. Rifle length. Does NOT need to collapse. Currently running an A1 standard stock.

Anyone tried this one? Ace Ultra Lite AR15 Stock

Ive seen a similar one but not shot with it.
    ACE SOCOM Stock Long

Seems like either of the above would be lighter and cheaper than replacing the buffer tube and everything with a collapsable one.

Search on the forum found a few references to and one user who sold theirs but not a lot of info.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    if you want lighten up your ar, then i suggest getting a lightweight barrel instead of getting a stock like that , but thats my way of thinking cause that stock isnt going to free up much weight :twocents:

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    if you want lighten up your ar, then i suggest getting a lightweight barrel instead of getting a stock like that , but thats my way of thinking cause that stock isnt going to free up much weight :twocents:

I already replaced the HBAR upper with a RRA lightweight mid length upper. Dropped 2lbs.

This is phase 2 of the weight reduction project. And I want a cool looking stock. Besides, it's about the only think I havent changed yet!

sonrider657

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Get a Cav Arms Lower while they are still available. The have an A1 length buttstock built in and are super lightweight.

magpul 2.jpg

jim7310

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Westfield
    I have a Ace Skeleton stock that I really likle on my AR. It's a little different than the the one the OP posted but it is light and IMHO well built.

I shoot a .458 SOCOM with a standard A1 buttstock and I have heard quite a few folks talk about the Ace Skeleton stock. I am just wondering if the reduction is stock weight will have a negative effect on balance? My rifle (RRA 16.5" upper and stock lower) is already a bit nose-heavy...

Jim

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Get a Cav Arms Lower while they are still available. The have an A1 length buttstock built in and are super lightweight.

I built an ultra-light AR15 for my daugther. It uses a Cavalry Arms lower combined with a pencil thin light contour barrel. Its the lightest AR15 that I've ever laid my hands on and far lighter than any of the others in my safe. Not sure the overall weight, but I can't imagine anything lighter than this gun. Its got a Troy Medieval brake on it, I could probably shave a 1/4 ounce by putting on a standard mil-spec flash hider? Again, probably shave another ounce by using a low profile gas block instead of one with an integrated front sight? But realistically the lightweight barrel and the Cavalry Arms lower are, combined, the biggest places to shave weight.

1-18.jpg

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Where are the CAV-15 lowers available these days? I've looked online and don't find them.
    If someone has an Indiana retailer that has them in stock, please let me know.

jim7310

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Westfield
    Mako/FAB Defense Sniper Stock

In my continued search for the best of all worlds in a non-collapsing stock for an optics-equipped, hard recoiling, AR rifle....I came across this stock, the SSR-25 manufactured by FAB Defense and imported by the Mako Group. FAB Defense is an Israeli Company and they claim this stock in use by Israeli Military on SR-25 Rifles (same stock mounting as AR-15/M-16).

SSR25_full.jpg

In cruising several forums I have heard no discussion of this stock - although it seems to be a great combination of the features I would like to see: non-collapsing, adjustable cheek piece, recoil pad of some substance, tested against higher energy cartridges, standard buffer, lighter than A2 stock. The price is about the same as the high-end Magpul stocks.

Does anyone have experience with this stock?

Jim

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Where are the CAV-15 lowers available these days? I've looked online and don't find them.
    If someone has an Indiana retailer that has them in stock, please let me know.

I picked mine up at Rocket Guns in Elkhart. They sold one to me for a little more than the DSG Arms price.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've put ACE Skeleton stocks on several ARs in the past and really liked them. The foam is comfortable on the face even on cold days too.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Received Ace Ultra Lite AR15 Stock last night. Could not be easier to install. Took 5 minutes. Remove the A1 stock. Put on the sling loop. Slide on the foam tube (with a bit of lube), clamp on the butt plate, and screw on the pad.

It is 7oz lighter than the A1 stock. 1/2" shorter. Very comfortable and looks great. Considering a sling loop was $25 or so by itself, and this stock was $85 (shipped), pretty good overall cost and I love the end result.

I now have a 6.5lb AR. Cant wait to get to the range and try it out.

Only gripe is the sling swivel included is NOT quick detach. But I can fix that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom