• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    This has been a product that some have had a lot of questions about in the past few months and I finally decided to make the purchase. Since I made the purchase and people are still asking questions about it, I figured, why not do a full review on it. So here you go INGO!

I'm sure many who have looked into this product have seen Slide Fire Solutions videos and wondered if it actually works as advertised. Well, BSUrugger, breas1, and I took this out and put it to the test along with a few more of our friends who love guns and shooting. IT WORKS! So let me go through everything about it with you.

I ordered my SSAR-15 from militarygunsupply.com. When ordering, I went ahead and bought their SPADE sling attachment as well. I was not sure if I would need the SPADE or not as I already have one but figured if I have an extra, no big deal I will be building another rifle soon anyways. One thing to make sure you do when ordering is get the proper handed model for you. They make a left and a right handed model and this will make a difference. Cost after tax and shipping came to around $386. I ordered it at about 3 am on a Tuesday and it arrived on Friday afternoon.

Slide Fire SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock - Ships FREE - $349.95 : Military Gun Supply, SSAR-15, Parts Kits, Surplus Guns, And More!

When it arrived, I was all giddy inside just as I am anytime I get a new gun part in! Came in a nice patriotic box.
    picture.php

Opened it up and found the paperwork sitting on top. It comes with stapled pack of papers that includes simple installation instructions and trouble shooting info, a copy of the paperwork they sent to the ATF with the stock for approval, and the ATF's response letter.
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now on to the good stuff! Below the paperwork wrapped in bubblewrap was the stock, the adapter block, an allen wrench to take off your old grip, and the SPADE adaptor I also purchased. They also sent along a business card.

picture.php

Here is a better look at the stock and adapter out of the box.

picture.php

I wasted no time putting it on. If you have ever taken apart AR or even just changed your buffer tube and grip, you will have no problems putting the SSAR-15 on. It is as simple as remove your pistol grip and replace it with the adapter block, remove your collapsible stock, and replace with the SSAR-15. Now, I had originally had a sling adapter on mine and I relized why you cannot just use your current one. The SPADE makes the sling point higher and to the left and get's it out of the way allowing the stock to slide free. If you do not remove your old sling adapter, the SSAR-15 will not work. Here are some pics of the SSAR-15 attached to my AR. Just FYI mine is a AR built by Class 3 firearms that I purchased a couple years ago. Nothing special except the surefire rails and flashlight with a foreend grip. 5.56. Bushnell sight.

picture.php

And a close up of the stock mounted. It may not be the best looking stock, but it is not that bad.

picture.php

So once the stock was on, I began playing with it and sure enough, the stock slides freely. They say if it is binding it may be because your buffer tube is not straight which will cause the SSAR-15 to not function. So if you have problems this might be something you check. So it's Range time!!!!

My father owns 50 acres down near the Spencer area, and without wanting to have to go to an actual range, this is where we headed. After discovering that our driveway had once again washed out, we walked in and decided to not let that ruin our day. I purchased an $8 target holder from walmart because we didn't have much down at the property to use. I set up the target and we began our adventure. Of course, my gun, I'm going to be the one to put the first mag through it.
    YouTube - Me SSAR-15 round one

In order to make the SSAR-15 function, you put the stock against your shoulder, then pull your support hand in, collapsing the stock fully. Place your trigger finger through the trigger guard and across to the finger rest. When you are ready to fire, you begin putting pressure against your support hand pushing the firearm away from the stock. When the trigger touches your finger, you push slightly more until it fires, and away you go. As long as you continually put pressure against the foreend and continue to push the rifle out while holding the stock in, the gun will continue to cylce. If at anytime you fail to put pressure on the fore-end, the gun will fire then stop after that round. It is controllable and with some practice you can pull off the 3-2-1 shots like in the Slide Fire videos.

We went through over 250 rounds of ammo in no time. Of course after every we changed shooters, and after every other mag we gave the gun a break as I am not wanting to burn up my rifle. The only problems that were had were when people were putting their finger on the trigger not the finger rest. This cause them to fire one round and wonder why it was not working. That was easily corrected.

My verdict. This is awesome! It worked flawlessly whenever it was operated properly. I understand fully that there is a possibility that in the future this may be banned, however without any springs or mechanical function to the stock, I think this one might stick around for a while. It was easy to use and fun to shoot. If you want to shoot semi auto, you can lock the stock and shoot that way. For the money, I believe this is a great product for those of us that cannot afford a MG. I emailed Slide Fire Solutions about using this with a .22 AR and they stated that they have seen it work on many occasions just with the reduced recoil, you cannot put as much pressure on the forend. I plan on building a .22 and 9mm for use with this as it will be much cheaper to shoot. If anyone has any caliber that they would like to try with this, PM me and we can make arrangments. Here are the rest of the videos from the day! ENJOY!:rockwoot:
    Me round two
    YouTube - Me SSAR-15 round 2

BSUrugger
    YouTube - Tony SSAR-15 first run (clean)

BSUrugger demonstrating how it will not function if you simply pull the trigger
    YouTube - Tony SSAR-15

Breas1
    YouTube - Brad SSAR-15

And a couple other buddies
    YouTube - Mike D. SSAR-15
    YouTube - Mike B. SSAR-15

Like I said if you have any questions or want to give it a spin on your rifle shoot me a PM!:ingo:

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Sad thing is, they won't become and NFA item. If they ban them, they will be contraband just like the akins accelerator. If this goes by by, it is gone!

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    Awesome review K. I will give you my vote, because it was awesome shooting that thing. :ar15:

Expect a lawsuit in the near future, as you unlawfully used my good looks which is a breach of contract between me and GQ.:D

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Expect a lawsuit in the near future, as you unlawfully used my good looks which is a breach of contract between me and GQ.:D
    And I will have a counter law suit for the looks not being that good!:):

Awesome review! I want one, but can't justify the money on it.
    This was tax return money for me and I justified it by remembering I did not have 18K to spend on an M16

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    great review man. i live near spencer and would love to try this out if your avalible. i will bring my own ammo of course and a ar if you like. maybe work out a trade for some time on my 50bmg for time on your ar lol.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    So what I gather from reading... this essentially makes a Semi-auto Ar-15 into a "quasi" full auto rifle?

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    just got back from meeting him and trying out the new stock. it is as described and works great. the stock is a bit ugly but lots of fun. saftey is a little harder to reach than normal but overall i give it a b+. it def does not replace a full auto m 16 but it comes close for way less than 15k. if it had a little better look to it i would give it a A rating. i am going to order one for myself tonight.

thanks for letting me try it out and nice to meet all of you. i just finished up cleaning all the guns glad i brought only a few. a little props goes out to bobcat steel as well. these targets can take a beating and keep on going. the full torso target took multiple 30-06 rounds with no dents at all from 40 yards. other calibers were 556, 7.62, 45, 40, 22, and the only thing that fazed it a little were the 556 tracer rounds and that was due to the extream heat form the tracer.

on a side note with the 308 the tube must be the same size as the 556 tube or it will not work. i belive that the tube is the same just the nut and threads are different as well as length. so imo i belive it will work but your gona spend alot in ammo lol.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    on a side note with the 308 the tube must be the same size as the 556 tube or it will not work. i belive that the tube is the same just the nut and threads are different as well as length. so imo i belive it will work but your gona spend alot in ammo lol.

oh i got plenty of ammo.....:ar15::ar15::ar15:.....LOL

AR and LR tubes are both 1.178!!!!!.....just measured them.....i'll have 1 by mid week....:D

just ordered 1.....308:ar15::ar15::ar15:......:D

Last edited:

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    oh i got plenty of ammo.....:ar15::ar15::ar15:.....LOL

AR and LR tubes are both 1.178!!!!!.....just measured them.....i'll have 1 by mid week....:D

just ordered 1.....308:ar15::ar15::ar15:......:D
    That will be expensively awesome!!!

And thanks to poysonspyder for bringing the steel today. Had another awesome time shooting the SSAR-15 and more. I will def be investing in steel in the very near future!

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Anybody know if they are gonna make one for the AK ?
    This would be something to send to the company and ask. They are pretty quick to respond. I haven't heard any word of one, but I'm sure they have AK's and other guns in mind.

On a side note, I would love to try this on an M&P 15-22 if anyone has one that they would like to try PM me and we can make arrangements.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    That thing is sweet....but man they are proud of their product. Wonder if it will work on a 9mm Colt? Do you have a .22 conversion for your AR? I'd go broke blasting .223 by the case full!:ar15:

Top Bottom