Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Shooter
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    hamlet, IN
    Posts
    627

    rifle sights for smooth barrel

    what kind of options do I have when looking for a set of rifle sights for a plain non vent rib barrel?

  2. #2
    Sharpshooter Shootin'IN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    S.W. Indiana
    Posts
    828
    I take it you are talking about a shotgun, there are a lot of after market sights out there.
    I have one of these on an old shotgun and it works good, or at least I can hit the target with it.
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/truglo-g...un-sights.html
    Have you tried using optics many companys make after market scope mounts for shotguns.
    Last edited by Shootin'IN; 06-23-2011 at 20:37. Reason: left out the link

  3. #3
    Shooter
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    hamlet, IN
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootin'IN View Post
    I take it you are talking about a shotgun, there are a lot of after market sights out there.
    I have one of these on an old shotgun and it works good, or at least I can hit the target with it.
    Have you tried using optics many companys make after market scope mounts for shotguns.
    Sorry, i meant to say it was a shotgun and i was looking for a set of iron or fiber optic sights. i would prefer to stay away from any type of optic.

  4. #4
    Shooter
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    hamlet, IN
    Posts
    627
    and all the sights i find are for the front i cant find a rear sight.

  5. #5
    Marksman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alexandria, IN
    Posts
    555
    Haven't looked for a long time but I remember Walmart used to have a set (green front, amber dual strip rear) of fiber-optic sights that just slid into a vent-rib barrel and clamped down by tightening a set screw on the side. Might peruse their sporting goods section if you haven't.

  6. #6
    Shooter
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    hamlet, IN
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubz View Post
    Haven't looked for a long time but I remember Walmart used to have a set (green front, amber dual strip rear) of fiber-optic sights that just slid into a vent-rib barrel and clamped down by tightening a set screw on the side. Might peruse their sporting goods section if you haven't.
    Ya iv seen those for vent rib barrel but im looking for sights meant for a plain barrel.

  7. #7
    Marksman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alexandria, IN
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by badmac183 View Post
    Ya iv seen those for vent rib barrel but im looking for sights meant for a plain barrel.
    My apologies...

  8. #8
    Expert fireball168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Clinton
    Posts
    1,693
    Williams Gun Sight, Inc. | Gun sights for rifles, pistols, shotguns, muzzleloaders, and more

    ...or open up the Brownells catalog.

    Make some measurements of barrel OD at the point you want to mount your rear sight, and again at the front sight mounting - match up sight heights using the charts to get where you need to be.

    The sky is the limit as to your options.
    Specializing in Indiana Pistol Caliber Rifle Cartridges

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •