Shooter

rifle sights for smooth barrel

what kind of options do I have when looking for a set of rifle sights for a plain non vent rib barrel?

I take it you are talking about a shotgun, there are a lot of after market sights out there.
    I have one of these on an old shotgun and it works good, or at least I can hit the target with it.
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/truglo-g...un-sights.html
    Have you tried using optics many companys make after market scope mounts for shotguns.
    Last edited by Shootin'IN; 06-23-2011 at 20:37. Reason: left out the link

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootin'IN View Post
    I take it you are talking about a shotgun, there are a lot of after market sights out there.
    I have one of these on an old shotgun and it works good, or at least I can hit the target with it.
    Have you tried using optics many companys make after market scope mounts for shotguns.
    Sorry, i meant to say it was a shotgun and i was looking for a set of iron or fiber optic sights. i would prefer to stay away from any type of optic.

Shooter
    and all the sights i find are for the front i cant find a rear sight.

Marksman
    Haven't looked for a long time but I remember Walmart used to have a set (green front, amber dual strip rear) of fiber-optic sights that just slid into a vent-rib barrel and clamped down by tightening a set screw on the side. Might peruse their sporting goods section if you haven't.

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubz View Post
    Haven't looked for a long time but I remember Walmart used to have a set (green front, amber dual strip rear) of fiber-optic sights that just slid into a vent-rib barrel and clamped down by tightening a set screw on the side. Might peruse their sporting goods section if you haven't.
    Ya iv seen those for vent rib barrel but im looking for sights meant for a plain barrel.

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by badmac183 View Post
    Ya iv seen those for vent rib barrel but im looking for sights meant for a plain barrel.
    My apologies...

Williams Gun Sight, Inc. | Gun sights for rifles, pistols, shotguns, muzzleloaders, and more

...or open up the Brownells catalog.

Make some measurements of barrel OD at the point you want to mount your rear sight, and again at the front sight mounting - match up sight heights using the charts to get where you need to be.

The sky is the limit as to your options.
    Specializing in Indiana Pistol Caliber Rifle Cartridges