• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edeekeos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm looking for an EDC pack, preferably something on the small side of the scale. I want something, here we go with the 'T' word, tactical. I guess a better explanation would be, something usable, with some options, and various sized compartments. I need something I can take into work everyday with ease though, and not have to lug around a huge mil-spec bag. I would also like it to have MOLLE attachments, and be a two strap design.

Anyone have any recommendations? I was kinda thinking the 5.11 RUSH 12 backpack, but cannot find much information on the size of it..

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was kinda thinking the 5.11 RUSH 12 backpack, but cannot find much information on the size of it..
    Here ya go...

5.11 Tactical RUSH 12 Tactical Backpack | Official 5.11 Site
    RUSH 12™ BackpackMain compartment: 18" x 11" x 6"
    Capacity: 1296 cu in/21.2 liters
    Water-resistant 1050D nylon
    16 total compartments, pockets, and slots to stow and organize your gear
    Large zippered Administrative compartment with 9 pockets and slots
    Zippered fleece-lined eyewear pocket
    Compatible with hydration systems up to 60 oz.
    Web platform on front, sides, and shoulder straps
    Two external compression straps
    Contoured yoke shoulder strap system with elastic keepers for strap ends
    Adjustable height sternum strap
    Self-repairing YKK® zippers with large glove-friendly pull tabs
    Velcro name-tape and flag/patch holders
    Imported
    Its large main compartment has a pocket that will fit most sleeved laptops and the bungeed cinch top will keep any load in place.

Functionality
    Sized for use as a Go-Bag, day trips, office commutes, or as a smaller carry-on, our RUSH 12™ pack is loaded with most of the same features as its larger teammates for maximum utility. Designed by special operations combat veteran, Kyle Lamb of VTACTM, the RUSH 12™ was created because of end-user input. Its large main compartment has a pocket that will fit most sleeved laptops and the bungeed cinch top will keep any load in place. Two mesh pockets on the inside of the main flap hold computer accessories, electronics, binos, and other smaller items you want readily accessible. The 12"H x 9"W x 1"D Admin compartment on the front of the pack opens wide and has slots and pockets to organize pens, business cards, camera, GPS, and much more, plus two key keepers and a large internal zippered pocket. Web platform on the outside of the compartment allows you to add 5.11’s SlickStickTM pouches for even more gear capacity and the 2" x 3" velcro patch is great for flag or unit patches. The 5"H x 8"W zippered pocket above the Admin compartment is a handy spot for radio, phone, travel documents, energy bars, and smaller gear and is also covered with web platform and a velcro patch for your nametape. Two compression straps keep everything snugged closer to your body for comfortable load management. We also tucked our zippered fleece-lined eyewear pocket on top, just behind the heavy-duty grab handle. Dual concealed hydration tube ports are located to the sides of the handle. Both sides feature top-to-bottom web platform, allowing you to attach a host of different 5.11’s SlickStickTM accessories. The back panel conceals a reinforced hydration pocket that will accommodate bladders up to 60 oz. The extra padding on the back panel promotes ventilation and the anti-skid pads help keep the RUSH 12™ in place. We added tri-glide fasteners at the bottom corners in case you want to add a waist belt. The padded contoured shoulder straps have four rows of web platform and the sternum strap can be adjusted to four heights. Excess webbing can be gathered at the bottom of the straps with our elastic keepers. Two 3/8" grommets in the bottom panel let the RUSH 12™ breathe and allow water and debris to escape. We also added four attachment points for 1" webbing to the bottom.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have the Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack...

It's not really that "Jumbo". It is big enough to fit my Sony A-200 DSLR and a 70-300mm lense in the main pocket.

columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    I HAVE A 5.11 Tactical Select Carry Sling Pack. YOU LOOK LIKE A NORMAL PERSON WEARING THIS. AND IT DOESN'T SCREAM TACTICAL.

[video=youtube;UmOlLtjnbP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmOlLtjnbP4[/video]

A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    I would definitely recommend a Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II. I've been carrying it everyday for around a year now and it still looks brand new. It's about the same size as a Rush 12 if I'm not mistaking.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Turse=Tactical Purse.

I use a Chinese messenger bag as a gun show bag. It's not very tactical as it is faded OD, although I did clip a TR alum pin to it. It was $15.

I am with this.

I use a shoulder bag that I got for free. It is blue, black, and white and has a huge logo on it that says "NE Indiana Housing assistance program". I carry it with me everywhere I go. Nobody has to know what might be in it. Nobody gives it a second glance. I firmly believe in the "gray man" concept. Especially when I am carrying something that might not be accepted in a NPE such as DC or much of Chicago, or NYC, or Boston. But it is always very close by me.

Nothing shouts "GUN" like a fanny pack or anything that looks "tactical". And I am not even saying that I carry a firearm in my bag. I will never admit to anything, or even that I was there on the day in question....

Have any of you ever heard of a "possibles" bag? That is how I view this type of bag. Everything comes around and never truly changes.

Last edited:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I would love to find a kodiak gear slinger but in a cheaper model. I like the design a lot but that price tag is way to much for a pack just to take with me places.

Top Bottom