• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    I built my AR back during the height of the gun-buying craze post-Sandy Hook, so I really didn't have too many options when it came to acquiring parts. I ended up with a DPMS parts kit, which has worked flawlessly so far, but included a standard AR trigger, which, like most standard triggers, sucks. I'll end up getting a lighter spring kit for it eventually, but some of the problem that I had with it was how grainy the pull was. Since I work at a hobby store, it came to me to try out some of the stuff that was sitting, quite literally, in front of my face.

photo.JPG

This is 80w fluid for RC truck shock absorbers. I dumped some into the trigger springs, in addition to putting some on a few coils of the buffer spring in order to eliminate the rattle of it in the tube when firing. This stuff accomplished both the task of smoothing the trigger pull and neutralizing the buffer rattle, and the stuff is fairly inexpensive ($4 for this bottle). I haven't tried other applications yet, but this stuff is a new option for me

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    Ive been using grease in most of my guns, might give frog lube a try, is it really worth the money though?

I've heard mixed reviews on froglube. It's (from what I've heard--I've never tried myself) a rather finicky process to get it on (apparently requires heating of the weapon) and unless done exactly right, the weapon won't function properly when cold

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've heard mixed reviews on froglube. It's (from what I've heard--I've never tried myself) a rather finicky process to get it on (apparently requires heating of the weapon) and unless done exactly right, the weapon won't function properly when cold

:+1:
    Only apply frog lube to the outside of the chamber/barrel piece in my opinion (heat treat as needed). DO NOT apply any drops inside the action. It'll gum it up in chilly or cold temps.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    Ive been using grease in most of my guns, might give frog lube a try, is it really worth the money though?
    I've used FL in my firearms since discovering it last year. Never had a problem even during those negative temp days we had last winter. I have it on one of my Glocks that I just leave in the safe that I lubed last year, just went in and racked the slide a few times and it was like the FL had just been applied. Love that stuff.

Top Bottom