• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Anyone have any experience with the CED M2 Millennium Chronograph?
    Are these typically used at chrono stages in USPSA?

I need something to check reloads for general reloading purposes. I also thought it might be good to use the same device that is used at matches to eliminate a possible source of measurement variation.

Price seems to be about $199.

Thanks for any input.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I don't have a CED, but any good quality Chrono will do.

I don't know what chrono old grumpy, I mean Ken Skeeters uses-He will be running the Chrono at the state match, but if you are looking to check your loads, I will be at Silver Creek Monday at 9:30am to test mine and another guy's reloads for before the state match.

I can print it off so you can see your high, low and average of 10 rounds.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I have/have had a dozen different models, and the only thing I prefer over a CED M2 is an Ohler 35P. PACTs are all right but the M2 will read more reliably under more conditions.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I tried my new CED M2 Millennium Chronograph for the first time today.

Pros:

1) Setup was easy, it will be fast the next time. I took my time to make sure I did everything correctly but it was easy.

2) Using it was easy, I have tried the more advanced functions yet but it was easy to review the readings.

3) Readings seemed very consistent except for the very first reading.

4) Takedown was simple and it packs away in a small space. I bought a small plastic toolbox to hold everything.

5) It came with an instructional DVD (of course I haven't looked at it yet, I'm a guy).

6) It came with software to analyze the data collected. I used Excel because I only had 30 data points but I if I had a lot of data I would import it using their cable and software.

7) It was nice having the large readout right next to me while I was shooting so I could see each reading as it occurred.

Cons:

1) The battery compartment cover doesn't seem to "snap" closed securely. I can see duct tape in my future when I eventually lose the cover.

Things I noticed:

1) I was a little nervous pointing a firearm at something I wasn't willing to destroy (especially since it was still new and shiny).

2) The StdDev on my reloads was less than half the StdDev of some factory rounds I tested.

3) My first shot had a much lower velocity than the subsequent shots. Maybe next time I should fire a shot or two before starting to record my readings.

Top Bottom