• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bending kydex has been my hobby for about the last 5 or 6 months. Just looking for some feedback. I'll continue to put up pictures when I come up with something new.

Thanks for looking.

Glock 22 OWB

332p99x.jpg

9a1ctz.jpg

Glock 41 w/ TRL-1

1197x2h.jpg

2yty5tx.jpg

28imgw9.jpg

21nnl37.jpg

Glock 22 TRL-1

21bq0wz.jpg

33wv7k8.jpg

Glock 17 TRL-1, adjustable retention, lefty

10yj80g.jpg

104m4oo.jpg

Glock 27

1znaaef.jpg

213f3ps.jpg

Glock 23 paddle

250l6qp.jpg

v8hnw9.jpg

9iajxg.jpg

Kahr CM9

2cdd1jk.jpg

10wiq7k.jpg

XDM with thumb break

2eam5up.jpg

2n6ep1w.jpg

2lwdb8.jpg

Glock 22 TRL-1, Safariland SLS hood

2u3wsiw.jpg

24pm4g7.jpg

Glock 42 pocket holster

2q0n7yt.jpg

1627eyc.jpg

2utsrno.jpg

XDS IWB's

2pt5pa9.jpg

2v9x15h.jpg

4ruclc.jpg

2a4qvxc.jpg

27x1jlk.jpg

Gock 23 AIWB

16m2c94.jpg

zwwzo4.jpg

2gul7w1.jpg

33aca3a.jpg

11llbbc.jpg

2w71jwy.jpg

30veveo.jpg

Sig 238 tuckable AIWB

54f3vb.jpg

Glock 22 TRL-1 IWB

2i7bvph.jpg

Glock 30 IWB with thumb break

i77ret.jpg

20rqxix.jpg

2u9l93l.jpg

Glock 23 IWB/OWB "hybrid" low profile and has additional blocking for attaching soft loops for IWB

2eeblgx.jpg

jl0yvm.jpg

rs7sw2.jpg

Glock Mag

2hcgsrc.jpg

wcen85.jpg

Double Glock Mag

2zswneb.jpg

24pb3mf.jpg

P Mag

rbjwoo.jpg

313g1sy.jpg

XDS IWB Mag

10ymlc9.jpg

xd6y5j.jpg

Last edited:

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    They look terrible....especially the first one, the OWB for the Glock 22...i'll PM you my address so you can ship it to me to "get rid of it" for you :):

snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I think they look great... Now for the questions

1: Where?

2: How much (OWB with & without thumb break)?

3: I'm curious why you'd put a thumb break on the IWB holster?

I'm actually looking for another and if you're close to Indianapolis...

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Looks like some good work, there. :thumbsup:

I like the paddle holster and the thumbreak models the best, but all of 'em look great.

Hmmm... maybe a paddle with a thumbreak? I have an old auto that needs something like that (hard to find holsters for, today).

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Thanks guys. I'm in Bloomington currently, moving down near Louisville here in a couple of weeks. If you have questions about something feel free to shoot me a PM.

Here's something different I just finished up for a guy. He wanted something for his gerber multi tool and a flashlight.

15f59w2.jpg

6prcbl.jpg

OIIIIIO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    I guess I don't have high enough post count, so
    Hello,
    I was wondering if you could make a mag holder for a glock 42?

i would want to carry apendix on the left side of my belt buckle. Pull the dot snap for an 1 1/2 " belt. Bullets facing to the right , so when I draw the mag with my left hand, my index finger would be guiding the bullet. Does that make sense? lol

Anyway, let me know if you can make one and how much?

Thanks, Mike

offrdjp69@yahoo.com is the best way to contact me

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    How is the retention?

I'm new to holsters, and it guess I'm always concerned about my firearm being securely snug and safe.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    How about showing us your equipment? I have thought about doing some "hobbling"! Some pictures of your heating and press would be very helpful. Also any sources and costs of supplies? Asking for a lot...sorry!

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Everything I make has adjustable retention, you can make it as tight or as loose as you want. Or you can get additional retention options if you're that concerned about it. I'll put up some pictures of my shop later. I get most of my supplies from knifekits.com and indexfasteners.com. The costs are whatever your wanting to spend. More money spent on quality things will yield you better results.

Check out EDCPhilly's channel on YouTube. Especially the video "DIY Kydex." That's where I got most of my info starting out. You learn more and pick up things as you go along.

Last edited:

OIIIIIO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    I sent you a response on the mag holder. Haven't heard back. Might be in your junk folder.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That is nice work! Your edge treatment shows the level of the craftsmanship you put into them. A lot of people can bend Kydex, but not everyone will take the time to finish it as well as you are. Keep up the good work!

Too bad your moving away from Bloomington. I am moving there now. Would be nice to meet a few fellow Ingoer's there.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    2hcgsrc.jpg

For the mag holder, you are using too many rivets, I understand why, but you could cut down on the size of the mag pouch profile on the belt line AND save yourself some rivets. I also doesn't look like rounds will fit into this mag pouch. I load up dummy rounds into the mag before I mold it. Those orange gun molds are pretty awesome, have considered buying some just due to the perfect trigger retention.

In the above pic, I would use the two belt loop rivets at the top, slant cut the sides, and put two offset rivets on the slants for a total of 6 rivets. Food for though, and it'd speed up the process for you.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    For the mag holder, you are using too many rivets, I understand why, but you could cut down on the size of the mag pouch profile on the belt line AND save yourself some rivets. I also doesn't look like rounds will fit into this mag pouch. I load up dummy rounds into the mag before I mold it. Those orange gun molds are pretty awesome, have considered buying some just due to the perfect trigger retention.

In the above pic, I would use the two belt loop rivets at the top, slant cut the sides, and put two offset rivets on the slants for a total of 6 rivets. Food for though, and it'd speed up the process for you.

Thanks for the input. It was molded with rounds in the mag. I get what your saying with the rivets but I like the end user to be able to adjust the ride height to their liking.

snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Just got some great kit from hpclayto in the post today. Had some errands to run so went ahead and did my first open carry in Lowes and Walmart. Several people noticed but only 1 person reacted and that was a guy in Walmart saying, "see, there's a pistol" as if to tell his wife not to stress that he was carrying concealed.

Great holster, already love it. Thanks hpclayto for the great communication and craftsmanship.

2014-09-04 14.50.30.jpg 2014-09-04 14.50.43.jpg

When my cousin orders one, I'll order the mag carrier that I forgot to tell you I want.

Top Bottom