• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I need to start carrying on my ankle. What is the best ankle holster out there with $$ being a legitimate factor here. I don't want to sink bigger $$into something I will decide against. What is the deal with the calf strap holsters? Thanks guys.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Galco ankle glove.... I don't think you will like ankle carry w/out one. I have tried several trying to save some dough and the only real way to save that money would have been to spend it upfront on the ankle glove.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some of it depends on what you're carrying in it, I'm sure. I've carried in the Desantis daily for about 2 years or so and have no complaints other than the slower style thumb break.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    You didn't say what type of firearm. If you are going to be carrying a J-Frame (or other snub nose revolver), I would highly recommend the Galco Ankle Glove. I would bet money that it works well with sub compact semi-autos too.

If you do get something in your desired price range, put it to the test as soon as you strap it on for the first time. Stick your unloaded firearm in it and run hard for twenty or thirty feet. Might as well find out early on how your holster will perform.

Top Bottom