Stock Options: BCM Gunfighter or B5 Sopmod Bravo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I've been looking to upgrade my stock from the MOE to something a little better. Ive been wanting the B5 for a few months now but now that BCM just came out with their new stock it looks pretty appealing. I would just like some info from you B5 owners and/or any of you BCM owners out there. I know they are both good stocks but I would just like someone else opinion...

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I think I've tried damn near every stock out there for the AR, and I always end up going back to the Crane SOPMOD. They really nailed it with that one, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better. Incredibly comfortable, solves that annoying M4 stock rattle, and the storage tube are a great feature. Now that you can buy a B5 for less than half of what an LMT runs, I think it's a no brainer.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    As tough as the BCM GF stock looks, to me it's ugly. I've always had luck with the CTR. I like that it's slim and simple. Never tried a B5 but I did have the Magpul STR for a bit. I hated it. Didn't like the cheek weld and it seemed heavy.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I run a Magpul STR on my carbine, feels great to me. From your choices I would go with the B5 Sopmod, I tried to find one of those on a trip to Indy but found the STR and it was close enough. Lol

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I think I've tried damn near every stock out there for the AR, and I always end up going back to the Crane SOPMOD. They really nailed it with that one, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better. Incredibly comfortable, solves that annoying M4 stock rattle, and the storage tube are a great feature. Now that you can buy a B5 for less than half of what an LMT runs, I think it's a no brainer.

This^^^^

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I recently pick up a B5 for my back up rifle and couldn't be happier, I also habe a LMT SOPMOD and I'm very happy with both but like mention before the B5's price makes it a no brainer. The B5 is very light and doesn't look cheap and just can't think anything that I don't like.

Kperkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2018
    Logansport
    Is the B5 cheek weld the same angle as the Enhanced SOPMOD cheek weld? I really like the Enhanced one but don't need the battery storage.

Top Bottom