• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I recently purchased a Burris Fastfire III to use on a Ruger 22/45 with a suppressor. I couldn't be happier. The optic is very clear and the dot is east to see. The Fastfire has an automatic brightness setting, which is pretty handy to use. I've fired a few hundred rounds through the gun and it's stayed zeroed in very well. The dot makes it far easier to shoot with a suppressor on the gun. Instead of using a rail on top of the gun, I purchased a mount from Burris that replaces the rear sight on the 22/45. This allows for the red dot to not only be mounted further back on the gun, but also much lower. I really like this combo.

Please excuse the pictures of the dirty gun and this brief review. It was posted from my iPad, so it's hard to type. If anyone has questions about the Fastfire on a Ruger, feel free to ask. I also installed a Majestic Arms speed strip kit that improves the trigger, allows the gun to be disassembled with an allen wrench, and removes the magazine disconnect.

Link to the speed strip kit: Speed Strip Kit

Link to the mount: Amazon.com : Burris Fastfire Mount fits Rugger Mark I, II and III : Hunting Trophy Mounts : Sports & Outdoors

Link to Fastfire: Burris® FastFire? III Red Dot Reflex Sight FREE SHIPPING Burris Red Dot Sights

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Being it's a 22/45 Lite, I doubt it. But after the tax the can cost more than the gun.

Oh well, besides, good optics usually cost the same or more than the gun itself

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I have a threaded 22/45 and an RMR. Unfortunately, can't find a way to mount it. :(

It would be salty ($100+), but it looks like you should be able to combine a JP Docter mount (JPA-RP/22) and the Trijicon RMR adapter plate for Docter mounts (RM37)

JP Enterprises JPoint Mount Adapters for Pistols FREE S&H JPA-NV, JPA-G, JPA-RR, JPA-SWR, JPA-11, JPA-BM, JPA-R22/RP, JPA-SIG. JP Enterprises Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases.

Trijicon RMR Adapter Plate for Docter Mounts ( MS10 - MS16) FREE S&H RM37. Trijicon RMR Red Dot Sight Accessories, Trijicon Red Dot Sight Accessories.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Being it's a 22/45 Lite, I doubt it. But after the tax the can cost more than the gun.

Oh well, besides, good optics usually cost the same or more than the gun itself

I totally understand the "optics should cost as much as the gun" for rifle applications... And if you go the RMR route with a pistol, it typically works out that way because the majority of the carry guns "every day people" have are in the $400-500 range.

But for me, it quickly became "I really don't think that I want to spend over $200 on a red dot that's going to go on a .22 pistol". And I have north of $1000 in that pistol...with a PSA micro dot on it. LOL

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Buy once, cry once...kinda....

If you buy a RMR, Fast Fire, Delta Point, Eotech Mini, Vortex Razor, Aimpoin Micro, etc you have a tough, durable, quality optic that can be mounted on damn near anything and will last a long time. From ARs to shotguns to 22 pistols, you're covered.

You stick some of the inexpensive red dots on some things...they break and you have to buy a new one (Primary Arms and Vortex seem to be fairly durable though).

Comes down to what you can justify, some people can't get over the whole "it's just a 22" thing

That being said, I have a Vortex 1-4 PST with an ADM QR mount on a 15-22. I can always take it off and mount it to something else, but at the moment it looks good on that 22 :)

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Thank you very much for the info! Right now, I'm trying to "modify" the factory Ruger rail to fit the RMR. If I booger it up too much, I may have to go that route. Thanks again!
    I'll give you $50 for the RMR to make life easier
    Ha ha! But seriously. PM me if you want one. ;);)

Top Bottom