• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TiMMaY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    Martinsville
    I am looking for a good IWB holster to carry a Springfield XD 45 4". Does anyone have thoughts or recommendations on Crossbreed or similar type holster?

Tim

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sitting here with a Springfield Sub-compact in a Crossbreed right now.

I had to trim the leather on mine a bit. Other than that, no issues at all. Great concealment holster.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. awesome holsters. I own two. Tried Aliengear and discovered the hard way you get what you pay for. (YMMV)

ETA: Dont let the cost sway you. They are worth every damn penny. I often forget Im even carrying my G42 its so comfy.

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I really like my MDJ IWB w/ adjustable retention..

IWB (inside waist band) Kydex/Leather Hybrid Holster with adjustable retention - MDJ Store

a2079151468c4140633d36_l__69163.1405482597.1280.1280.JPG

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I wore one for a week in FL, when I went down a while back when I borrowed it and a Glock 26 from my brother rather than deal with checking mine on the flight.
    Good holster, but no better than my Galco KingTuk which are ready made and can be purchased online or locally.

Crossbreed is good to go, but don't rule out other quality options, unless you were looking for something hard to find, like a lefty, with the kydex pressed for a laser attachment.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Bought a "second" for my Glock 22, and I still use it for my Glock 19. Not sure what, if any, difference there is between the ones made for full size or compact, but it still works great. I do need to heat the kydex a bit and tighten up the retention, but its not a big concern right now.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Good to go! Carry my SR9c and sometimes my SR9 in my Super Tuck Deluxe. Never even looked for another IWB holster. If you're worried about cost, you can pick up there "seconds" even cheaper here....

Crossbreed Holsters - Second Hand Holsters

Did a quick scan for you and they have a few Super Tucks for the XDm. Not sure they will fit yours or not.

Thanks for the reminder... Just ordered a LH Super Tuck - Shorty for my XDs. :) $35 is a deal. Condition was "Good". I'm not real concerned with how it looks, as long as it's functional.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have two Crossbreeds now. One for my 642 and another for my G19. When I want to conceal, I use 'em. Otherwise it's a Galco Combat Master holster.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Thanks for the reminder... Just ordered a LH Super Tuck - Shorty for my XDs. :) $35 is a deal. Condition was "Good". I'm not real concerned with how it looks, as long as it's functional.

No problem! Always a good idea to scan over these every once and a while. Still waiting on one to come up for the M92 PAP.

Hoagie52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2014
    Noblesville

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    What didn't you like about the alien gear holster.

I got two of the cloak tuck 2.0. The one I purchased for my FN simply didn't fit right. It took a lot of force to get it in, and it could not be removed easily. I tried the different options to tune the retention, but the kydex was just not right.

On the other, it slid in alright, but the kydex on the bottom of the trigger guard didn't hold the gun in place tight enough, so the entire gun basically slid out of the "channel" into which you insert it. Different retention options again didn't make it any better.

So back they go to Alien Gear.

I have a couple crossbreeds. Those are fantastic. Get the combat cut.

There are also some folks on here who will make you something completely custom for a reasonable price. Hpclayto is working on an AIWB holster and IWB mag carrier for me.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    For others, check out Old Faithful Holsters too. They look pretty close and have a cheaper version where you assemble it (Screw the pieces together).

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I guess I'll go against the flow here. I very much prefer my aliengear holster to my crossbreed. My AG fit the gun perfectly and I tuned the retention so its perfect for me. The CB fit great....at first. Now, if I bend over to far it just falls out. And I didn't feel that the leather on the CB was quite up to holding a 5" XD. I think they are way to expensive for what they are, but just IMHO and YMMV

Top Bottom