• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Hey guys not sure if this belongs here or under another category so plese let me know if this is not the right category for this post...

I am building an AR pistol. I have a Noveske KX3 flash suppressor for this build and am now searching for a rail system. I like the Troy Alpha and the BCM KMR. I would like the rail to come up / around the flash suppressor. Last night at a local shop I was advised that although the KX3 does fit inside the Troy Alpha it would be a bad idea to do this due to the fact that the rail and flash suppressor do slightly touch eachother. The guy at the shop told me that this would make the pistol inaccurate / throw the rounds.

Can anyone attest to this? I have seen several builds with this rail/flash suppressor combination (or similar) but do not want to sacrifice accuracy to achieve the look I want.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I have no experience with the kx3 and either of those rails, but you could sell the kx3 and get a kx5. Just a thought.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    If it were mine, I would not want the muzzle device making contact with the inside of the handgaurd. You are already going to be "balistically challenged" with the short barrel, and that contact could interfere with the barrel harmonics.

I used to run a Noveske KX3 inside of a Spikes (Seekins) SAR rail, and the fit could not have been any closer and still worked. I'll look around and see if I can find a picture.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    If you've seen this combo it was a Troy Alpha with a KX5. that's the combo I'm running and the clearance is minimal but it keeps the handguard free floating.

9" Troy Alpha, 7.5" barrel, KX5

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up running a 10" BCM KMR with the KX5. I was able to sell the KX3 I orignally purchased. The KX5 does not sit tucked into the rail quite like I had originally intended but I am happy with the look of it. If BCM produced an 11" version of their KMR it would have turned out more closely to what I had planned.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    For the future reference of others.... A KX3 will not fit inside a KMR. Here's a KX5 inside of a 10" KMR on a 7.5" barrel... the KMR's are a little longer than their listed length (.25 or .5" IIRC), so I had to reconfigure...

This is the same KX5 and barrel inside a 9" Seekins MCSR V2 rail

Top Bottom