• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    Did a search and didn't come up with much at all but was wondering what you all use for your IFAK or ventilated operator kits? Any good source to buy a whole kit or is it better to just buy the components and make up your own?

Thanks for the help.

CC

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Lots of opinions out there. You can buy real IFAK kits from a lot of sites (do a search in google and you'll find several). Some guys assemble their own, and others buy some pre-assembled kits. I think it really depends on what and how you will be carrying it. Are you military or LEO and have a real chance of a gun fight? Are you like most of us and a civilian that gets to the range a lot and want some ability to deal with the remote possibility of a bad situation?

I think most folks at a minimum suggest a basic first aid kit plus something with a triangular bandage and some quick clot.

I personally like this one, and keep it in my hunting back pack and also toss it in my range bag.

QuikClot Trauma Pak Emergency First Aid Kit

This is also a decent basic kit that comes in a nice zipper pack that is easy to keep in a range bag, glove box, etc.

Adventure Medical Kits Adventure 2.0 First Aid Kit

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    5ive Star Gear Mil-Spec First Aid Kit General Purpose

I got one of these and remove some and added others to suit me. I did put some Celox in there which is like QuikClot as well since even a car wreck car cause you to bleed a lot. I would need to take it out of the car to tell everything in it though. Some band-aides, antibiotic goop and some burn related stuff along with some non-aspirin pain reliever and some guaze and tape that can also be used to spint small parts like fingers. I think that is about it though I am sure I have forgotten something small in there...

CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    Thanks for those links those help out some. I have a good med kit now that is pretty large but I'm lacking in the trauma area. I'd like to have a couple small kits to carry with me in my EDC and A larger one to carry in my kit for the range and ITSHTF scenario.

Was looking at ITS Tactical but they seem to be a little spendy?

ITS Tactical Store : ITS Tactical

I'm just an average Joe starting to get a little worried about the current state of our country BTW.

Thanks,
    CC

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I buy from chinook medical for truama kit supplies if I am buying individual items. I also like the "wetsu trauma kit" from INGO advertiser "AGS Armament". AGS Armament | WETSU Trauma Kit

Myself, I'm not that worried about teotwawki, but I do stuff that involves heavy machinery and knives and guns and spinning blades, so I figure a trauma kit is a handy thing to have around.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The ITS kits may be a little spendy, but they are very well thought out. I have their BooBoo kit, and two of their trauma packs.

CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    I buy from chinook medical for truama kit supplies if I am buying individual items. I also like the "wetsu trauma kit" from INGO advertiser "AGS Armament". AGS Armament | WETSU Trauma Kit

Myself, I'm not that worried about teotwawki, but I do stuff that involves heavy machinery and knives and guns and spinning blades, so I figure a trauma kit is a handy thing to have around.

Thanks man. Bought a couple of those kits. Also going to buy a few ITS kits as well. Might as well get my med gear squared away cause I for sure ain't buying no 5.56 ammo until people get their heads out of their asses. lol

Thanks for the help fellers.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks man. Bought a couple of those kits. Also going to buy a few ITS kits as well. Might as well get my med gear squared away cause I for sure ain't buying no 5.56 ammo until people get their heads out of their asses. lol

Thanks for the help fellers.

Good deal. Having basic first aid supplies is key for anyone...at home, in the car, at the range, etc. Like American Express...never leave home without it!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I might pick up one of the wetsu kits to keep in my locker at work toss in some quikclot or celox and it will cover the really bad stuff that could happen in a factory.

CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    I might pick up one of the wetsu kits to keep in my locker at work toss in some quikclot or celox and it will cover the really bad stuff that could happen in a factory.

At my work if we have an Active Shooter we are supposed to run. Screw the rest of ya just run. At least that's what my latest training class just taught us. lol

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've bought kits, but tend to take them apart and reconfigure them.

I keep one of these (more or less) zip tied to the overhead roll bar in my Jeep, with a pair of CAT tourniquets inside it: Tactical Response Gear - V.O.K. - Ventilated Operator Kit
    Having an emergency medical kit in the car seems like a no brainer to me, and it's easy to get to incase I was in an accident and needed something fast, like a tourniquet.

I have another kit I built, that lives in an SOE Tear Off Med Pouch attached to my SOE Active Shooter Bag. This is basically my range bag.
    Compact Tear-Off Med Pouch | Special Operations Equipment
    Active Shooter Bag | Special Operations Equipment

I really like the tear off feature of the SOE kit, because in an emergency, the last thing you would need is to be digging around in a kit that's tethered to you.

I have another on my "Battle Belt". HSGI Bleeder / Blowout kit at my 12 o'clock, with a CAT tourniquet on both sides attached with Blue Force Gear Tourniquet NOW! holders.
    Tactical Nylon Gear | Pouches
    https://www.blueforcegear.com/tourniquet-now-strap.html
    This kit is ok, and has a strap you can pull to dump the contents. If the M3T Taco had been available when I bought it though, I definitely would have went that route, with a pull out tray.
    http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/m3t-12M3T0.html

CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    I really like that M3T Taco. I just ordered an SOE pull out med try for my micro rig so I might get one of those M3T's too? Looks like a good peace or kit.

Thanks,
    CC

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    At my work if we have an Active Shooter we are supposed to run. Screw the rest of ya just run. At least that's what my latest training class just taught us. lol

Same here. Its a fancy way of saying "we are not liable" in corporate terms. If they told you to do anything else, such as confront the threat, care for your fellow employee, fight back, etc. they could be considered liable (maybe not actually found liable to any more degree than the event happened on the property) for any injury you might sustain.

The reality is that a lot of us aren't wired that way and would likely make a personal decision as to how to act, including rendering aid if we were able.

All of the factories I've worked in do have very well trained ERT (Emergency Response Teams) that have excellent medical equipment to deal with just about any situation. Many on the team are either trained first responders, or volunteer firefighters, etc. that have some good training on dealing with a work related injury.

CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    Same here. Its a fancy way of saying "we are not liable" in corporate terms. If they told you to do anything else, such as confront the threat, care for your fellow employee, fight back, etc. they could be considered liable (maybe not actually found liable to any more degree than the event happened on the property) for any injury you might sustain.

The reality is that a lot of us aren't wired that way and would likely make a personal decision as to how to act, including rendering aid if we were able.

All of the factories I've worked in do have very well trained ERT (Emergency Response Teams) that have excellent medical equipment to deal with just about any situation. Many on the team are either trained first responders, or volunteer firefighters, etc. that have some good training on dealing with a work related injury.

There could be a few people I could leave behind? lol

The presentation we had to watch was good. Wacko with an 870 came to kill us all.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Our emergency response plan is undergoing review i have no idea what to do if something happened, what if i get a paper cut or what if god forbid they find a bullet on the property.:)::rolleyes:

But i am working on becoming a first responder for the factory and one building has presses and other stuff that could easily cause some severe trauma.

CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    Got my ITS kits today. Nice stuff and fast shipping. For the price the BooBoo kit is hard to beat for what you get. Got one for each vehicle and one for my go bag along with two ITS ETA Trauma Kits. The Chinook Medical stuff is good looking gear too might buy some of it in the future.

ITS Tactical Store : ITS Tactical

Chinook Medical Gear, Inc - Your Source for Medical Kits, Tactical Combat Casualty Care Items, Emergency First Aid Supplies including hemostatic, bandages, personal protection, iv supplies, tourniquets, evacuation and more!

Thanks for the help guys.
    CC

Top Bottom