Interesting Glock passive "safety" device.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Interesting device. It replaces the stock slide plate. The top is hinged, and obstructs the trigger mechanism when pressed. If left alone, you can pull the trigger normally and it flaps up out of the way as you shoot.

It is designed so that when reholstering, you can apply pressure to the plate with your thumb. If ANYTHING tries to push the trigger back as you holster, you get immediate tactile feedback and can stop. In theory if your thumb pressure is firm the gun cannot be fired accidentally. I presume its to prevent things like shirttails, jacket cinch cords, etc from causing NDs.

I'm on the fence still whether its for me, but I do like the overall concept. my concern is how well that plate stays put and if there is a snag factor as it sits in the holster.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?712-The-Gadget-REVEALED

There is a video on the FaceBooks if you are so inclined to see it in action.

https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=425a0bbb913f3ebbe8e05b733ca4449b&oe=5594CE01

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    2lmnkgn.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The proverbial "answer to the question nobody asked"
    As possum_128 said.. finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire, works on EVERYTHING.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So, I have read some of the other Forums posts, and watched a couple videos about it, and everyone thinks it is great.. but I can't help but think..

Yeah, it's great as LONG as you remember to put your thumb on it. If you forget, then it's worthless, right? So... if you are going to add an extra step to your reholstering, why not save your money and add the extra step of clearing your holster? :dunno:

Most of you guys have WAY more experience than I do, so tell me if I am missing something..

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So, I have read some of the other Forums posts, and watched a couple videos about it, and everyone thinks it is great.. but I can't help but think..

Yeah, it's great as LONG as you remember to put your thumb on it. If you forget, then it's worthless, right? So... if you are going to add an extra step to your reholstering, why not save your money and add the extra step of clearing your holster? :dunno:

Most of you guys have WAY more experience than I do, so tell me if I am missing something..

It's not an extra step. I reholster every gun this way out of force of habit. Holding the hammer down "just in case" makes a lot of sense to me. Fingers aren't always what pulls triggers. There are also times I need to reholster without looking at the holster. What happens when a "shoot" turns into a "no shoot" but not a "no threat" situation? Do you want to deal with it with a gun in your hand, take your eye off the issue to reholster, or be able to safely holster without looking?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I personally know of an LEO example where a drawstring snagged a holstered Glock trigger and the officer ended up with a bleeding foot.

This is not a solution in search of a problem, although it may have a limited market.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I personally know of an LEO example where a drawstring snagged a holstered Glock trigger and the officer ended up with a bleeding foot.

This is not a solution in search of a problem, although it may have a limited market.

EXACTLY.

Top Bottom