• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I'm currently wearing a $12 Walmart belt. I know it will be wearing out soon. I want a good quality belt that won't break the bank. It's holding up a big phone and a small gun. Any links would be great....

Crap. You can't edit the title after you hit submit. Back - bank. Oh well

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    https://www.tandyleather.com/en-usd/home/home.aspx

You can order everything you need from them, or pop into one of their stores. Put mine together 25+ years ago and it's still going strong. You could also check with the Central Indiana Leathercrafters if you'd like someone to make you something extra special. Best bet would be their Facebook page, I guess. All you really need to make your own is the belt, some dye and a buckle. Real leather will last a lifetime.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Here you go....Wilderness Instructor Belt. I have 2 of these, 1 5 stitch and 1 polymer lined. They were cheaper when I bought mine but still a good price.
    Original Instructor Belt

I just bought a leather belt from Crossbreed. It is wonderful and well worth the money!

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I got one of these from a "daily deal" website a year or so ago. As I recall, it was around $25. Not sure what prices you can find now but I highly recommend the belt if you can find one in your budget. It is a leather belt that has an insert that makes it very stiff and capable of carrying a holster. Also has a hidden handcuff key holder :)

5.11 Tactical Leather Casual Belt 1.5" | Official 5.11 Site

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    https://www.tandyleather.com/en-usd/home/home.aspx

You can order everything you need from them, or pop into one of their stores. Put mine together 25+ years ago and it's still going strong. You could also check with the Central Indiana Leathercrafters if you'd like someone to make you something extra special. Best bet would be their Facebook page, I guess. All you really need to make your own is the belt, some dye and a buckle. Real leather will last a lifetime.

GGGaawdd! I did not know they wre still in business!!!!

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    DalTech

IMHO: DalTech is the way to go. I own and think the SuperBio belt is the best $50 I have spent on a belt by a LONG SHOT! It still looks brand new and hasn't stretched a bit. Free shipping. Made here in Indiana, USA!
    DalTech Super Bio Belt

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'll be contrary and say GALCO. I'm on my second one in 12 years. And I didn't pay full price but waited until Midwest Gun Exchange had one of those 30% off sale.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I just got a DalTech Biobelt in black and it is amazing. I don't think it can be my only belt though, so I'm already ordering another one. DalTech Biobelt in brown coming soon lol!

Truly an amazing belt, I am very impressed so far that is for sure. I like that it is so sturdy and yet still thin and flexible and I can see no wear even in the holes after a couple weeks of wear. I can't wait to get the next one, I looked at a TON of belt makers and found some nice deals out there for leather belts but I know the scratch and wear and I wanted something to stay nice a little longer. Seems as if this hits me just right in the cost vs performance area.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    I'm currently wearing a $12 Walmart belt. I know it will be wearing out soon. I want a good quality belt that won't break the bank. It's holding up a big phone and a small gun. Any links would be great....

Crap. You can't edit the title after you hit submit. Back - bank. Oh well

Can you tell us a little more? Does it have to be leather? Do you prefer it NOT be leather? Do you wear it with suit or jeans - how big are the belt loops on the pants you like to wear? Is it only for EDC or do you like to play tacticool on the weekends with the same belt? How do you like it to feel - stiff? Stiffer? Not Stiff? Would Velcro on the inside make it better or worse to you?

I know, lots of questions about just a belt. We all have our favorites, but what do you like? Not only does price remain a consideration based on your post, but so does aesthetics and preference?

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I'm going to go ahead and get the Daltech. Hopefully one of these days I'll have some extra money. Makes it hard to buy anything extra when the wife isn't working and her insulin copay is high. Thanks Obamacare!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have a blade tech, but if Daltech is from Indiana, I need to give them a try.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I also finally gave in to DalTech and just ordered a BioBelt as a guest via PayPal. Looking forward to wearing it! Oh, and I used the INGO coupon. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom