• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Primary Arms contracts Holosun to produce their advanced micro dot. Not sure what the new Holosun's are like now, but I know that compared to the Holosun from a couple years back, the PA version upgraded the glass, battery location so you didn't have to unmount the optic to change, got rid of the auto shut off, emitter is now less obtrusive, and it uses a standard Aimpoint micro mounting system so you can bolt it to good mounts.

Lots of abuse tests out there, and they seem pretty durable. Lots of guys running them on the AR sites and good reviews all around. Maybe not quite Aimpoint durable, but about as good as you're going to get in that price range.

Seems like PA fixed some of the stupid design issues on the Holosuns.

If you can't swing the $400+ for an Aimpoint, they seem like the way to go for a RDS. Anyway, JMHO.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Primary Arms contracts Holosun to produce their advanced micro dot. Not sure what the new Holosun's are like now, but I know that compared to the Holosun from a couple years back, the PA version upgraded the glass, battery location so you didn't have to unmount the optic to change, got rid of the auto shut off, emitter is now less obtrusive, and it uses a standard Aimpoint micro mounting system so you can bolt it to good mounts.

Lots of abuse tests out there, and they seem pretty durable. Lots of guys running them on the AR sites and good reviews all around. Maybe not quite Aimpoint durable, but about as good as you're going to get in that price range.

Seems like PA fixed some of the stupid design issues on the Holosuns.

If you can't swing the $400+ for an Aimpoint, they seem like the way to go for a RDS. Anyway, JMHO.
    Well said.

mototc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    I've got the Holosun HS503GU, which has the selectable reticle (either 2 MOA dot or 65 MOA circle with 2 MOA dot). This particular model has the side mounted battery compartment with knurled screw-off cap. Unfortunately they are going to the undermounted batter trays on most of their new models which I do not like at all. Tray is secured with tiny, fine thread screws in an aluminum body. True you don't have to change batteries that often but I knew it would be a problem because the original Sig Romeo 4 (made by Holosun) I ordered with a battery tray had the screws cross threaded from the factory. Took one look at it, boxed in back up and sent it back.
    I recently purchased one of the Trijicon MRO's and it does have a larger field of view but I honestly feel the Holosun is just a good.
    FTI, if you like the Sig version they are slightly more expensive but do have a year longer warranty.

Top Bottom