• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm looking for a decent reflex style red dot for my ar9. I'm currently using primary arms cheapo tube style red dot. My major complaint is dot size. I got it used so I don't know the moa on it, but it's at least 5moa and I'm guessing bigger. That makes it hard to even sight in imo.

I shot a sightmark ultra shot on a friends rifle (eotech knockoff) with a 3moa dot and it was much better. I think this is what I'm leaning towards. Anyone have any experience with these?

Budget is $150 to $200 including mount. Possibly a little higher for quality.

Anyone know of a 2moa reflex to look at?

And a stupid question last...what's the difference between tube and reflex rds? Why pick 1 over the other?

(I'm a red dot noob so be easy on me :) I'm more of a scope person, but that is just plain silly on 9mm ar. )

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Have Allen of AA hook you up with a Venom... I got a viper (6moa) from him about a month ago when they first came out and I'm pretty happy with it, especially for the price.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I have both PA micros and a coupe of the Bushnell TRS-25's. They have all performed fine for me on fun guns.

Reflex sights are a bit more vulnerable due to their open nature. The good ones line the Trijicons and Leupold Delta Points are very rugged, but for a. Cheaper one, I'd go with a tube sight.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I'm putting the vortex spitfireAR on my .40 AR pistol. I was going to get the sparcAR red dot but liked this one better.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I've heard good things about holosun sights. Probably the next one in going to try.

the Sig Romeo 4 also looks interesting. Not sure what they are going for.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    The trs-25 parallax isn't great. I was shooting my 9mm AR with a trs-25 and a bipod today. @ 50 yards most hit within a 6" x6" area. It's kind of embarrassing when everyone else around you had groups that are really tight. Holding the gun still I could see the dot move around when I moved my head. I suppose it's good for the price. But I'm going to get something better when I get some extra cash.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    Look into Holosun. 2moa dots on most of them. Most reviews I've seen are positive. There are a couple a under $200. I think I might give one a shot.

radir68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2015
    Plainfield
    I have one of the Sightmark ultra shot reflex sights. Has the quick on/ off mount and a push button switch on the side. I originally got for a Hi Point carbine and didn't want to spend a lot. It works great. Run it on the Hi Point but also put it on my AR's and even a 12 gauge. Never looses zero and the dot is bright and clear. Get about 10-12 hours out of the batteries but they are cheap enough. I would buy another and have a couple friends who have bought them and like them also. Think I paid about $80 on sale

Top Bottom