• ...and so much more!
  • LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    They actually call it the 'PTK + VTS' ergonomic pointing grip
    PTK VTS Combo - Ergonomic Pointing Grip combo pack - - FAB Defense - EXPECT MORE

I paid about $50 from a reputable company, because there are exact copy knock-off's on sites such as eBay and Amazon, for like $6. I figure the cheap copies are probably only good for air soft, I didn't want to buy one that would melt.

I'm not used to using any kind of foregrip at all, but it became necessary when I got a quad rail. Not exactly comfortable to grip. Vertical foregrips just don't agree with me for some reason, my wrist just doesn't like them at all. So enter the angled foregrip; the idea intrigued me.

Looking through various brands, this one looked the most comfortable to me. I wanted something that would feel as close to just gripping the handguard as possible.

So I picked one up, and I thought I'd share pictures. It fits nice and tight, definitely not going anywhere. Feels like sturdy material. The bottom of the foregrip opens up to store stuff in.

I really like it, I think it's very comfortable. My wrist is in a much more natural position, so I can control my shots better than I can with a vertical grip.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Hmmmm... that is very interesting, and I don't recall seeing anything quite like that before (both pieces). I like it! I am not a vertical grip fan either, and I like to keep my thumb on top of the handguard for recoil relief and ease of getting back on target.

How did you find this? Were you able to try it out somewhere, or did you just buy it sight unseen?

Thanks for sharing.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    Hmmmm... that is very interesting, and I don't recall seeing anything quite like that before (both pieces). I like it! I am not a vertical grip fan either, and I like to keep my thumb on top of the handguard for recoil relief and ease of getting back on target.

How did you find this? Were you able to try it out somewhere, or did you just buy it sight unseen?

Thanks for sharing.

I didn't get to try one beforehand, so I did a lot of research.

Just so happened, I was looking through a Cheaper than Dirt catalog and saw the magpul angled grip and decided to look into those, because they looked much more comfortable to me than a vertical grip.

I looked online for reviews, articles, pictures and videos of people using different grips. I watched the way each one angled the persons' wrist, and focused on this one because it looked the most natural. Even though the cheap ones on Amazon and eBay are fake, they're the exact same design, so I read those reviews too. Fab defense, and Mako group that distributes their stuff has a good amount of information about it. They designed it for the Israeli military, and call the design the 'instinctive pointing shooting technique'.

I decided to go ahead and get one, worst case I could return it if I hated it. I really couldn't be happier with it, I have a super secure grip on my rifle, my hand and wrist are at a natural, comfortable angle, so not only does it make it easier to shoot and line up successive shots, my wrist doesn't hurt the next day. The older I get, the more comfort matters to me lol.

I definitely give this an A+ for comfort, and an A+ for design and functionality. The little storage compartment is a cool bonus, the snap and hinge aren't flimsy at all. The lid fits tight. Although I don't see myself using it, if I did I wouldn't worry about it breaking off at either point. It even makes a little 'pop' noise when you open it like it makes a tight seal.

They also sell each piece separately, but I like the combo. Seriously considering putting one on our Saiga shotgun next :-D

Top Bottom