• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lcole1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2016
    Elwood
    Does anyone one have any experience with the new atn x-sight 3x14? I just bought one and should be here tomorrow and just wanted to know what to expect. This one is already updated on the firmware. Just looking to see if anyone has any tips/tricks on these. Sorry if this has been hashed out in the past , I dug through the forums and didn't find any info on this model.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've got the original and it works pretty well. I'd like to add a brighter IR torch to it, though. There's a guy on YouTube that has the original model, too, and he knocks the crap out of coyotes with it. I like mine, but haven't had much of a chance to do any night hunting. I'd be better off if I lived on a farm and could do it on my own land.

The features I really like are the ability to shoot in daylight to sight it in, and the ability to use a wifi signal to let a buddy see what you see through the scope on his phone or tablet. I also like the video and picture features. The YouTube guy takes video of his kills with his and then posts them.

It isn't a $3500 night vision scope, but it is pretty good for what you pay. I wonder how much the HD model is improved over the original? Btw, you can't sight those $3500 night vision scopes in during the day.

lcole1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2016
    Elwood
    I have done alot of reviews and youtube videos online but thought I'd ask the owners on here and get their take on it or what tips they may have.

lcole1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2016
    Elwood
    From the research online I've done the new HD sights are a improvement with the focus on the top and the new firmware. I believe the older version can get the same updated firmware also....
    Hopefully it gets here today, then I can post what I find out with it for anyone else who might be interested.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The x-sight has been a flop since day 1. There were 2 versions that made it all the way to distributors but not quite to dealers (roughly 1 week out of ATN's hands) before being recalled, so in reality we are on version 10 or so. Every version promises the moon, doesn't deliver, and they announce a new version.

Will they eventually get it right? I dont know

Is the version you bought the saving grace? I dont know.

Staistically are the odds in your favor? Absolutely not.

99% of youtubers are extremely ignorant about optics. Its something you should really focus on when watching reviews on YouTube. I've actually seen and posted on ingo respected you tube videos about optics where the scope is plain as day 100% broken. The guy doing the review is praising the product as he is paid to do (in his defense, its obvious he didn't know any better), and the fans of the page are biting hook line and sinker while im screaming at my computer saying "ITS BROKE"

Good luck

Last edited:

lcole1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2016
    Elwood
    The x-sight has been a flop since day 1. There were 2 versions that made it all the way to distributers but not quite to dealers (roughly 1 week out of ATN's hands) before being recalled, so in reality we are on version 10 or so. Every version promises the moon, doesnt deliver, and they announce a new version.

Will they eventually get it right? I dont know

Is the version you bought the saving grace? I dont know.

Staistically are the odds in your favor? Absolutely not.

99% of youtubers are extreamly ignorant about optics. Its something you should really focus on when watching reviews on YouTube. Ive actually seen and posted on ingo respected you tube videos about optics where the scope is plain as day 100% broken. The guy doing the review is praising the product as he is paid to do, and the fans of the page are bitting hook line and sinker while im screaming at my computer saying "ITS BROKE"

Good luck

I was hoping that's not the case, but hopefully they have worked out the bugs. I do know they had quite a few in the first few firmware updates and the gen 1......yes most of the reviews on YouTube are bias to the product I guess you could say sponsors for them....I looked though them all. But that's why I'm here, getting education from the great people of the forum.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    If you have already purchased then the info is "after the fact" at this point.

I doubt many if any people on this forum have experience with the new unit. I know a lot have learned from my mistakes with ATN and learned a free "to them" lesson. At least enough of a lesson not to try ATN.

Hopefully its not an issue for you, but when/if you have to deal with ATN customer service you will question how they have stayed in businesd as long as they have treating customers the way they do. With all the cs departments in the gun industry ive delt with, ATN is by far the worst. Its obvious they dont care about repeat business (they know that ship has sailed after 1 purchase).

Again, I hope your unit is the saving grace ATN promotes it to be, but there is an old story about a boy who crys wolf that ATN should read.

Last edited:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    42967vette has the right of it, mostly. I have one of the hd versions of the sight. As an optic, not so good. As night vision, not so good. As a novelty to have some fun with, I'm having fun with mine. More of a proof of concept than anything else. Have some fun with it but do not expect it to set the world on fire as a precision optic or night vision.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The Youtube guy I'm talking about isn't a reviewer. He just shoots coyotes and posts the videos. (T.S. Byars is his YouTube name.) No polish, no frills, just a few dead yotes. He does use a MUCH brighter IR torch, though, than comes with it. I don't think he shoots much past 100 yards, but then again, I rarely have shot anything beyond that distance, with the exception of a couple animals in Africa and a 200 yard head shot on a squirrel with a .17hmr, but I digress!

Mine has been fun the couple of times I've had it out. I did have to download a firmware update when I got it, but that was easy. It isn't a super precise sight, but it should be able to get the job done on yotes and hogs at the range I'll usually see them. I can consistently hit a paper plate at 100 yards with mine on an AR. It's been awhile since I shot it, so I can't remember the exact group size. I'll have to take it out again to shoot it and measure.

I killed a big hog once with a borrowed 3,000 dollar PVS-14 gen 3 night sight behind an Eotech EXPS 3-0. That sight was amazing, but I still needed to get in close. I took the shot at 40 yards. I could have easily killed that hog with the X-sight, even with the standard torch.

Too bad to hear about their CS. I haven't needed it yet. The biggest issue I've had is that it eats batteries pretty quickly, and I'll rarely get a chance to shoot it at night. So, it mostly sits on an AR in the safe.

Top Bottom