AR Muzzle Device that is best for Night Vision?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    MY current MD on my AR, at least my main AR, is a Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake. It isn't their latest either, about as old as Troy has been making them. I am not married to it either. So, barring the possible addition of a suppressor to the mix, should I find something to better direct the flash away from the NV (PVS-14 Gen III) or does it even matter?

Yes, I am eventually getting a suppressor which solves the problem best I think at least. Until I can afford one and of course while I wait for approval, would it be best to change to a Flash Hider and which type would be best? Mostly used to hunt but if I get a chance to shoot at night sometime/somewhere would be also used there.

What say ye INGO NV People? :ingo:

JollyMon

Shooter
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Shouldn't matter. I shoot with my night vision on and when I don't have a suppressor on , I have a silencerco trifecta brake. While a flash hider is nicer, I wouldn't go out to buy one just because you want to shoot with night vision. Or I would at least wait to figure out what suppressor you want to buy and get a flash hider that matches it.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    With my suppressor, I just use AAC Muzzle Brakes. Without a suppressor, the best I've owned is the Smith Vortex - by a large margin.

Top Bottom