Magpul Original, Pro, or other MBUS sights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNLOCKEM

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I am wanting to get some input (negative and positive) as to what other members think about backup sights. Magpul Original, Gen2, Pro, or other brands. Any input would be appreciated. As of right now, I have not used any back up sights. This will most likely go on my Keltec KSG which has a cheap red dot on it now. Also possibly on a Mini-14.
    Thanks

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Either will be fine. Magpul MBUS are lighter. MBUS pros are lower profile. There are other options but not at the value of the Magpul sights.

Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    I picked up a set of Magpul Mbus sights on Ebay for $60 dollars last year around this time. I got them for a buddy for Christmas. They seem to work well enough. I got a set of ARpro 45 degree offset sights that I got off of ebay also, & for what I paid I am really impressed.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    I am wanting to get some input (negative and positive) as to what other members think about backup sights. Magpul Original, Gen2, Pro, or other brands. Any input would be appreciated.

I started using Troy BUIS on each of my rifles, but then when some of the political leanings of that company came to light over the past few years, I have switched to the MBUS Pro - I think the Troy sights are more rugged, but have not been disappointed with the MBUS Pro. I also have some sets of the plastic MBUS but they keep finding their way into my parts bin, un-used. So, in a round-about way to answer this thread - I prefer the Magpul MBUS to all other folding back-up sights. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom