• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For those of you who have a SAO Sig Sauer P226, what IWB holster(s) have you found that work with it?

So far I've found that the Blade-Tech Total Eclipse works well, but it take a lot of belt space and I'm not confident of its long term durability. The Blade-Tech Phantom works okay, but you have to be really careful when you reholster to make sure the thumb safety slides into the body shield without pushing it "off."

I've tried G-Code INCOG (my favorite holster) and Comp-Tac Infidel Max for a railed P226. They work great for a conventional P226, but the body shields will not accommodate the thumb safety.

I'd like to have something very similar to the Blade-Tech Phantom (i.e. a polymer Bruce Nelson "Summer Special" copy) with a vertical ride and about the same ride height as well, but with a body shield that works better with the thumb safety.

Thanks!

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    This is not a good sign, and I am looking to pick one of these up in the next 30-45 days myself. I am very interested in the answer here.

I have the Stealthgear Onyx for my P938 which *does* accommodate the thumb safety, but then again there are lots of 1911 IWB holsters that accommodate the thumb safety as well.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The Legion series of holsters is made by Black Point. They make great holsters, I really like my mini wing

Just specify your 226 is a SAO and you're good to go

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The Legion series of holsters is made by Black Point. They make great holsters, I really like my mini wing

Just specify your 226 is a SAO and you're good to go

Thank you, sir! That's exactly what I needed!

Black Point holster arrived yesterday, but I didn't find it until this morning when I got the paper.

It looks like a good piece of gear, but I may try to use the belt clips from a G-Code INCOG if I can make it work. I might also replace the leather tabs with biothane.

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Black Point holster arrived yesterday, but I didn't find it until this morning when I got the paper.

It looks like a good piece of gear, but I may try to use the belt clips from a G-Code INCOG if I can make it work. I might also replace the leather tabs with biothane.

Where are you getting your Biothane?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Where are you getting your Biothane?

I don't have a source yet. I might buy a strip to use for other projects, or I might see if someone who makes belts has a few scraps they will send to me. I only need a couple of tiny pieces.

I think I have the holster adjusted the way I want it and all of the screw are now blue loctited. So far it's comfy and allows easy presentation.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The body of the holster and the clips are working well. The weak link is the flimsy leather they use to attache the belt clips to the holster body. I can only speculate that they do in on purpose to make it flexible, but for my needs it's way too flexible. I need an alternative to those leather tabs or I'm going back to my Blade-Tech Total Eclipse until I find another holster that will accommodate the SAO safety.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Has the leather failed you or are you just not a fan of them being flexible? I've had mine for about a year with 0 ill effects on the leather. They do it so the holster curves around your body and wears better on your belt

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Has the leather failed you or are you just not a fan of them being flexible? I've had mine for about a year with 0 ill effects on the leather. They do it so the holster curves around your body and wears better on your belt

What do you consider "failed"?

They have failed to keep the holster in the same place and orientation inside of my waistband, which means to me that "they" failed. They have not broken or failed in the sense of tearing, etc.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    What do you consider "failed"?

They have failed to keep the holster in the same place and orientation inside of my waistband, which means to me that "they" failed. They have not broken or failed in the sense of tearing, etc.

That's what I was curious on, if the leather broke or tore. I don't have any issues with the holster wanting to move or stay put, but my carry gun is smaller than a 226.

Wonder if you replace the leather with something stiffer yet still flexible if that would help?

I'm also using the plastic belt clips not the metal. Not sure if that makes a difference or not

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's what I was curious on, if the leather broke or tore. I don't have any issues with the holster wanting to move or stay put, but my carry gun is smaller than a 226.

Wonder if you replace the leather with something stiffer yet still flexible if that would help?

I'm also using the plastic belt clips not the metal. Not sure if that makes a difference or not

Yeah, I knew I'd have to replace the leather with something stiffer as soon as I took it out of the package (see an earlier message where I mention I want to use Biothane). I just need to find some biothane scraps, cut them to the right shape, burn the holes in the right places, and then put it back together. Until I am able to do that, I'll be using my Blade-Tech.

Top Bottom