• ...and so much more!
  • yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Hmm, I think this board may not get enough traffic for an answer, but this is the correct board to post in.

I have tried many holster types and I think I want to go back to a paddle holster for my S&W M60. I have to remove and replace it at least twice a day and unbelting in the parking lot is not an option. Short story, blame DHS.

Can anyone recommend which gunshops have the greatest select of holsters in the Indy area? Doughnut counties around Marion are fine. I know Elmores in Greenwood had a good selection last time I was there, but I know of no other shops that do and I would like to visit several in the same day.

Any help is appreciated.

DAve

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I use a Safariland ALS along with the QLS system. Works great for me.

[video=youtube_share;2x4ieqA-HqE]http://youtu.be/2x4ieqA-HqE[/video]

Last edited:

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    My last three plastic holsters all cracked on me. Two were expensive and all three were highly rated. Pretty much never going there again.

DAve

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Are there paddle holsters not made of plastic/kydex? Hybrids?

Most of them are made from plastic. I have crack four of them. That's why I went to the Safariland with the QLS system. It's just really easy to slide it off and keep the firearm holstered.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Are there paddle holsters not made of plastic/kydex? Hybrids?

Yep. Back in the old days things like rifles and holsters were made of wood and leather ;^) My first paddle holster back in the eighties was all leather, never slipped, held the pistol closer than a Kydex holster, and was quiet to boot. I've been reading and shopping online and not seeing much. I will likely just make one like I did my pancake holster.

DAve

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    My last three plastic holsters all cracked on me. Two were expensive and all three were highly rated. Pretty much never going there again.

DAve
    So you cracked a Safariland holster? I've only seen one cracked and they where using the paddle attachment on a 6378 lightbaring holster for duty. You should have no issues with the belt loops along with the QLS system for quick and easy removal.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Unless you're dead set on a paddle holster, a pancake style holster with speed clips might serve you well. Easy on and off.

2li8sia.jpg

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Are you talking about a mount that stays on the belt? I think YHJ needs to remove any evidence that he was ever carrying a gun so he would still have to remove the mount from the belt. Paddle would be best for him.

I am convinced that even the sturdiest kydex can break and will likely break if worn often enough. I've experienced real cheap kydex (the one you helped me with for example) and a pretty decent kydex holster breaking. Of course, I wear mine every waking moment that it's legal to do so.

Yes, I need everything visible removed. I have 'opinions' on Kydex holsters that come from disappointment. Most folks seem happy with them so I don't knock them. They must work for them.

I have seen the Stoner website but not a holster in person, good to get a review on them. Thank you deo62.

DAve

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I use soft loops that wrap around my belt. Easy on, easy off.

Use 1 set on a Henry Boltaron holster and another set on a Raven Phantom. I love them.

And, unlike the speed clips pictured above, there's no danger of the holster coming off with the draw.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Are you talking about a mount that stays on the belt? I think YHJ needs to remove any evidence that he was ever carrying a gun so he would still have to remove the mount from the belt. Paddle would be best for him.
    Yes the mount stays on the belt. I have a cellphone pouch that clips to it so it not so obvious.

mototc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    I've worked with Stoners many many times, but they are not local (just over the border in Ohio). I do know from experience that they can typically make anything you want.
    They are always at the 1500 and know they are there this weekend as I talked with them yesterday.
    Yellowhousejake, I'll see you on the trail.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have not been to a 1500 in years. I don't text, no phone that will take a photo text, mostly my phone is uncharged. I will take a look at the links, thank you everyone. Lots of good ideas.

DAve

Top Bottom