• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Connersville
    IMG_0682.JPG What is the consensus on these new holsters so far? I was originally going to purchase one of the StealthGear ventcore IWB holsters for my Glock 43 until I saw these. Plus there is currently a 25 day wait time on the ventcores. At $59 and shipping out in 72 hours these new Revolution holsters look pretty good.

Last edited:

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I would have thought you would have had some responses by now. I have been watching your thread because I was interested in their answers. I have a co-worker that bought one and she likes it. I prefer OWB carry and didn't find an OWB holster listed.

James45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Connersville
    I ended up purchasing the ventcore holster yesterday. StealthGear is running a Shot Show special right now, 20% off any item or one of their nice flashlights free with a $99 purchase. That sealed the deal for me getting a $79 flashlight free with the ventcore.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I can't speak to the Revolution, but I've had a Ventcore for about a year to carry a G17 with TLR-1 light. I absolutely love it.

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I can't speak for the revolution either but I have a OWB vent core holster by Stealthgear. The quality is top notch, no complaints so I would expect the revolution to be excellent too. I've got a IWB mini vent core on order right now, if the revolution was available for my carry weapon I would have ordered that instead.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I had trouble navigating their website, but it might be because I was using an IPad instead of a PC.

I don't think it's you. I haven't been on their site in a while but just tried due to this thread and I don't see anything about their OWB holsters for example. It looks like maybe they're revamping their site and it's not quite done yet(?).

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I received the ventcore mini IWB holster that I had on order last night. Tried it out and it's very comfortable, by far the most comfortable IWB holster I have used so far. I hope they come out with the revolution holsters soon for my other carry weapon...I would like to give it a try since they are cheaper.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I generally think they are good holsters, and for this style carry, they are as good as most and better than some. I have had/used two...one fairly extensively. Having said that, I almost exlusively now carry AIWB and prefer it MUCH better to any other mode of concealed carry so I really wont be able to give much more of a "long term" use opinion.

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I generally think they are good holsters, and for this style carry, they are as good as most and better than some. I have had/used two...one fairly extensively. Having said that, I almost exlusively now carry AIWB and prefer it MUCH better to any other mode of concealed carry so I really wont be able to give much more of a "long term" use opinion.

I tried appendix carry with a Vedder light tuck holster, it just didn't work for me. The holster and hammer on my P239 kept digging into me. It was pretty comfortable while standing/walking but sitting was uncomfortable and became painful by the end of the day. I did like how well the gun and holster concealed in appendix carry though...definately concealed as good or better than any other method I've used. I thought about trying a stealthgear appendix holster, thinking the ventcore material would make it more comfortable. What kind of holster are you using for appendix carry?

Top Bottom