• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Trijicon is knocking it out of the park this year with the new smaller front sight HD night sights as well as the new AccuPower 1-8

I have been looking for a scope here recently to replace my aging but still very good Vortex PST 1-4, and my original choices were the Votrex PST GenII or the Razor HDII 1-6 as I really like the 1-6 power scopes for the versatility they offer.

Then I am checking the SHOT Show coverage from this year wishing I was there and I see the AccuPower mentioned. I assumed it would be super highly priced and out of my range like most Trijicon Scopes especially a 1-8 as they are normally $2,500+. But with an MSRP of $1699 I will definitely be looking to this scope as an option. Also as a side note Alan can in fact get Trijicon products so I am set again!

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3b.php?pid=RS27-C-1900028

[video=youtube;_cOubRJeiGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cOubRJeiGs&t=0s[/video]

Last edited:

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    This one definitely has my interest. Good price point for what should be a solid optic. Although I feel it would be a tough choice between this and the primary arms platinum 1-8. That gets very good reviews and the acss reticle is so good.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Wow I am happy to see he got a video out so quickly. I've been interested since I saw MAC post it in Instagram!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I wish i was at shot as well to get hands on with this guy. I highly doubt this has the glass, or durability of the rzr 1-6, but it more than likely has enough glass, and enough durability, combined with 2x extra zoom, and what appears to be a similar price point.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Just ordered mine, very excited to have a well *****in scope for my LWRC. Will update once it has arrived and gotten some rounds downrange. Thanks again Alan!!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Interested to hear your and Alan's report. This would be nice on my 18" AR. I have an Accupower 1-4 on there now, and like it quite a bit. Hopefully this new 1-8 gets even better glass that's more on par with the higher end stuff and daylight bright illumination. The current accupower in fine, but it's definitely not on par with the Razors and other high end LPV's, that's for sure.

Just ordered mine, very excited to have a well *****in scope for my LWRC. Will update once it has arrived and gotten some rounds downrange. Thanks again Alan!!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Interested to hear your and Alan's report. This would be nice on my 18" AR. I have an Accupower 1-4 on there now, and like it quite a bit. Hopefully this new 1-8 gets even better glass that's more on par with the higher end stuff and daylight bright illumination. The current accupower in fine, but it's definitely not on par with the Razors and other high end LPV's, that's for sure.

This is speculation so take it with a grain of salt.

I highly doubt it gets better glass than the current accupower options. With the price point this gets into I dont see how it could.

I think the big "if" will be daylight visable illumination.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC

I highly doubt it gets better glass than the current accupower options. With the price point this gets into I dont see how it could.

Do you have weights vs this Trij 1-8 and the Razor HD 1-6?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Can't wait to hear what you have to say when you look through it. If it's not on par optically with the Razor HDii 1-6, I likely wouldn't have any interest. I'm not happy enough with the glass on my current accupower to pay that kind of money to make it a 1-8. It's good glass, but I don't think I'd pay $1400+ for it in a higher mag version.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Can't wait to hear what you have to say when you look through it. If it's not on par optically with the Razor HDii 1-6, I likely wouldn't have any interest. I'm not happy enough with the glass on my current accupower to pay that kind of money to make it a 1-8. It's good glass, but I don't think I'd pay $1400+ for it in a higher mag version.

The Razor 1-6 will still be cheaper than the Accupower, and I highly doubt the illumination is as nice.

The major benifit will be 2x of zoom, and for me if I needed more zoom than 1-6 I would be shooting a longer range rifle that I dont intend to use inside of 20 yds which would lead me to the 2.5-10's. I have a 1-6 on my personal coyote rifle, and highly doubt I would be any more accurate, or kill any more yotes with 8x, than I can with 6x.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Been trolling forums for information on the scope this is what I have gathered:

General consensus is the glass is good (not a surprise it is Trijicon after all)

The scope IS daylight bright

Currently "samples" are being shipped I am assuming for reviewers purposes and whatnot, and they should be shipping to dealers sometime around March.

Just search "Trijicon Accupower 1-8" in google and you can find most of this info spread out across a few YouTube videos and forums who had members actually at SHOT

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Do tell us more

I agree, please Mr. USAPAtriot79 cough cough Mr.Runner tell us more about this optic as there is almost NO actual reviews or pictures of glass quality out there yet on this extremely new scope. Hell I can only find one retailer that even has them in stock.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;ozUIZxk7l0k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozUIZxk7l0k&t=8s[/video]

Looks like a killer scope so far

Top Bottom