• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I am not looking for the best of the best, but a <$100 option that won't make my wife angry...I have no idea what I am looking for so take that estimate for what it is.

I want to mount it to my rifle, bonus points if it can mount on my SR9 in case I decide to change HD guns, but rifle functionality is priority.

What say you :ingo:?

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I use a Surefire Scoutlight on my AR. I am very fond of them. I have a streamlight TLR1-s on my primary handgun and like it also. For around $99, I think the Streamlight TLR is the clear choice.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I have a version of the Inforce WML (weapon mounted light). Primary Arms has one for about $100 Inforce WML Weapon Mounted Light - 200 Lumens LED - FDE at 200 lumens -- I got one of the higher lumen ones which run around $165 or so. if your HD rifle is really going to be used in the H, that is inside of a building, then 200 lumens is not a bad choice -- it illuminates without blinding you with reflections off of light colored walls, mirrors etc.

I really like the activation button and the guard that flips over it when you really don't want the light to come on.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Surefire Scout on one. $10 plus the La Rue mount about 5 years ago in Iraq :whistle:
    Others have Surefire Fury's with the clicky tailcap from BCM

Bob

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I really like my surefire m600 intellibeam mounted on a Unity Tactical monkey bar
    But I also have 2 different types of Streamlight Protack lights, the 1 and 2. For the price they're great and I'd trust them over an Inforce WML any day

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have a version of the Inforce WML (weapon mounted light). Primary Arms has one for about $100 Inforce WML Weapon Mounted Light - 200 Lumens LED - FDE at 200 lumens -- I got one of the higher lumen ones which run around $165 or so. if your HD rifle is really going to be used in the H, that is inside of a building, then 200 lumens is not a bad choice -- it illuminates without blinding you with reflections off of light colored walls, mirrors etc.

I really like the activation button and the guard that flips over it when you really don't want the light to come on.
    i was all about the inforce wml when when they came out and I was putting several on guns. However I personaly experienced they come detatched from the rail several times when the rifle was jarred hard or dropped onto a hard surface. And I had them properly tightened and flush mounted.
    Sold all them things. Not a combat ready light in my civilian experience. Not even home defense worthy

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    The new streamlight rail mounted lights look good, although I must admit I don't have one to try out. I have a surefire scout on my rifle.

another option is a surefire g2x (tactical) in a 1" ring mount. Can easily be had for under $100.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I have the tlr-1 on my SR9. Excellent light.

Stream light pro-tac hl on my HD rifle in an elzetta front sight base mount. Works very well.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    My HD rifle has a Surefire M300. Though I think I am about to upgrade it with the Arisaka scout body.

Top Bottom