• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Just flimsy fabric covering the trigger guard?

Run. Run away. Don't give them any money.

Good holsters must cover both sides of the trigger guard in such a manner as to not allow trigger actuation from outside "forces".

That holster doesn't look like it will.

Caveat: Unless you choose to carry without a round in the chamber. But that's dumb - so don't do that.

Caveat #2: A firearm with a LONG and HEAVY double action trigger pull MAY be able to get by with less-than-desireable-holster-thickness. But I'd still not trust it.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I got one to try out. I was debating if I keep it or send it back. It has enough going for it that it is staying.

It has some advantages. A self contained unit that holds a gun and two magazines is good. The cover at the trigger is my only real concern with it. If you carry IWB mag holders on the other side, you have a second place where you have to worry about printing and another 1-1.5" change in pants and belt size. What typically happens is that a majority just don't carry that spare magazine. So a weak side mag is better than none.

The belt line is right where the trigger goes on me, so it is less of a concern than otherwise. With a pair of dress slacks and thin dress belt, it still carries well and is very close to a IWB holster. This is good to keep things the same muscle memory wise.

It is good for using the restroom. It says put (or you pull it up a little) and don't lose control of it.

I would like it to handle a smaller pistol as well. It really don't index the trigger guard on a smaller pistol in a way you can grab the grip. I need to try it with a Shield or Glock 43, to see if it works single stack.

I really think the perfect solution would be the same base, but with interchangeable kydex half holster. It would also remove the need for the thumb strap. This would also allow use with integrated light or laser, which isn't possible currently.

To use it stock, I'm thinking of sewing another layer of something over where the trigger of a gun parks. This would keep the interchangeability with a little more safety.

If you can wear a decent belt and decent tuckable IWB holster, that would be the preferred route. But this does do a decent job.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom