Question about Inforce WMLx Weapon Light (How to sling up the rifle???)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Quick question for my tactical rifle brethren:

I am running an Inforce WMLx weapon light on my LWRC M6A2-S. As a lefty, I am running the light on the right rail with a Haley Strategic Thorntail 45 degree offset, which places the actuation button exactly where I need it. The only dilemma I am having is that the point on the side picatinny rail at which the Inforce attaches is EXACTLY where I would normally attach the front end of my two-point sling! In fact, it is attached just ahead of a built in QD attachment point I could use if the light were somehow repositioned.

Here are a couple of pics:

View attachment 52961

View attachment 52962

Some solutions I have considered:

1. I have thought about running the light with the thorntail 45 degrees off of the top rail, but the flip-up front sight would force me to put the light WAAAY back on the top rail.

2. I have thought about running the sling off of the bottom rail by attaching a thorntail mount on the bottom rail and then attaching a Magpul QD rail mount onto the thorntail, but I wonder if the thorntail is really designed for such a stress as a sling (It claims to be for light attachments) and I am guessing by running the sling off of the bottom rail that the rifle would tend to want to rotate a bit since the attachment point is on the bottom as opposed to the side.

3. I have thought about just getting rid of the Inforce and grabbing a light that could mount on the other side and be actuated with my middle/ pointer finger.

Anyone running the Inforce and come up with a good solution for this problem?

Thanks for any advice/ suggestions/ insights!

Vanguard.45

Last edited:
    Top Bottom