• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I have searched the internet and I have not found what I am looking for. I tried a red dot recently, and I am having issues with it because of an astigmatism with my eye. I have read that a prism scope may work a bit better. One of the appeals of the red dots are the parallax free nature of a good one. In looking I found that perhaps a 1x prism scope would be a good fit for a similar role. The specs on the Vortex 1x prism scopes say they are parallax free. I saw a video by doctacdad on youtube and he said there is a little parallax issue with it, but not too bad. Sooo, which is it? Is it parallax free, or is there a little parallax issue, or is there something I do not understand fully?
    Thanks!

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    This is the very reason I bought the SpitfireAR. Astigmatism took the sparcAR out of the picture for me. Works just about like a red dot for me. Nice crisp circles with a dot in the center instead of a "starburst" looking red blob.

Dudelittle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Attica
    I looked at the sparc 2, sparc ar, spitfire ar, and spitfire3x on saturday. I to have an astigmatism and as long as i didnt crank up the brightness on the RDS , it was alot better than all the cheap RDSs ive tried. The spitfire ar was very nice, slight paralax,might have ben do to not being mounted and trying to mimick it being mounted. The 3x tho.. all i can say is eyegasm.

Top Bottom