Sig Romeo 4b vs Sparc or Primary Arms Enhanced Red Dot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    LGS has a couple in stock (Romeo 4b), they look good, glass looks really clear, operation simple, dot clear.

However, why $299 for Romeo 4b, when you can p/u Sparc II for less, & Primary Arms Enhanced for much less.

Experts, what am I missing??? (Yes, I like looks of the Romeo 4b best, but not $100+ more best)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    LGS has a couple in stock (Romeo 4b), they look good, glass looks really clear, operation simple, dot clear.

However, why $299 for Romeo 4b, when you can p/u Sparc II for less, & Primary Arms Enhanced for much less.

Experts, what am I missing??? (Yes, I like looks of the Romeo 4b best, but not $100+ more best)

Maybe for the same reason Triicon and Aimpoint are so much more than lesser brands. Of course it also could be just because it has the sig name on it. Personally I have not seen enough feedback on the Romeo's to know if they are a $300 sight or not. If you get one, let us know.;)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Does that particular Romeo have the motion sensor in it?

That may be worth the money right there.

Also look into Holosun. They apparently make the stuff for Primary Arms.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I have the Romeo 4b, works great, holds zero, instant on, very clear. Is it better than the Sparc? Couldn't tell ya, have no reference for that comparison.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    URL=http://[s827.photobucket.com/user/deo62/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-06/2016-06/834DDDEA-A304-4642-BF37-FAB5CE3625B7_1.jpg.html]
    834DDDEA-A304-4642-BF37-FAB5CE3625B7_1.jpg
    [/URL]

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Sig is not making red dots in house, so whatever you buy is a rebranded red dot by a third party. No amount of Sig loyalty should have you buy one. Buy the model direct from the manufacturer and stick with a company that only makes optics

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Sig is not making red dots in house, so whatever you buy is a rebranded red dot by a third party. No amount of Sig loyalty should have you buy one. Buy the model direct from the manufacturer and stick with a company that only makes optics

Sig hired 6 people who used to work for Leupold. They want to make a legitimate optic. Same with hiring John and Kevin from AAC to run the suppressor division (before firing Kevin)

Lots of companies outsource stuff. Vortex outsourced and has their product made by other people on some models

It's like AR parts made from outside vendors to the companies' specification

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Fwiw the sig Romeo is now on the approved list for use by the FBI along with aimpoint.

i have one and it is badass.

i also grabbed the PSA 15pmag plus Romeo daily deal last year for $300.

Top Bottom