• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skillet4630

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2017
    Fort Wayne
    I've see the "Urban Carry - G2" holster advertised on youtube a bit lately, mostly when I'm watching weapon videos of course! Does anyone have this or it predecessor? I'm looking for some reviews from someone who has actually practiced with it or had to use it. Thanks in advance.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    You will want to see the video where the guy pulls the holster out and the gun fly's across the room. That holster doesn't get much love.

You will want to stick with a quality holster that covers the trigger guard.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    The G2 has a magnet in the holster to help prevent the gun from flying out. Still these only work for CERTAIN people wearing CERTAIN pants.

Mainly really baggy pants. You can try for yourself. Just stick you gun in a sock and shove it down your pants. Yes there will be a noticeable bulge on your thigh where the gun is. Its all marketing. There are too many videos of the holsters not working. Its a holster. Its a gun down your pants. Get real about hiding a gun on top of your thigh.

If you want to look professional or just presentable and conceal than this holster is not for you. If you wanna wear baggy pants and conceal with a tucked in shirt than this holster is for you.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    The video of the guy using an Urban Carry holster to pull out a shotgun is certainly an attention-getter even if impractical.

[video=youtube;lzk1vc0r7YI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzk1vc0r7YI[/video]

"Is that a shotgun down your pants or are you just glad to see me?"

Skillet4630

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2017
    Fort Wayne
    In response the magnet, I did "draw" the holster pretty quickly with my weapon unloaded to make sure it wouldn't fly anywhere, and it stayed in place. So with the magnet addition, it seems to have fixed that issue.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    ANYTHING marketed as stealthy as a Navy SEALs footsteps or whatever already got the pass from me! Stuffing a purse down the front of my pants is not what I consider stealthy?

I'll bet that this took first place in the Holsters of the People of Walmart competition? Nevermind, this was the runner up, the first place trophy went to:

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2012/07/27/universal-sandal-handgun-holster/

I wonder if they make an IWB, or AIWB version of the FlipFlop?

Last edited:

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    ANYTHING marketed as stealthy as a Navy SEALs footsteps or whatever already got the pass from me! Stuffing a purse down the front of my pants is not what I consider stealthy?

I'll bet that this took first place in the Holsters of the People of Walmart competition? Nevermind, this was the runner up, the first place trophy went to:

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2012/07/27/universal-sandal-handgun-holster/

I wonder if they make an IWB, or AIWB version of the FlipFlop?

Well, at least the trigger is covered.

Top Bottom