Body Armor is confusing. Maybe I can help.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Understanding levels and types of body armor can be a confusing topic for many. We have seen many questions on this very board over the years.

Here is a blog post we put together that is a good starting point. I wanted to share it here (note: not just for the clicks, but for the discussion we can have after).

https://nelsonuniform.com/blogs/news/how-much-body-armor-is-enough-body-armor

Those who wear body armor - did this article get it right, from a simplicity point of view?

Those who have not bought armor before - does this article make it easy to understand?

How can we make this easier? Thanks.

Brad

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Couple spelling errors in the sentence about ICW & SA plates which might make it easier to understand. I don't know how much more you can really say about the difference between ICW & SA but I worry a lot of folks don't grasp the importance.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Couple spelling errors in the sentence about ICW & SA plates which might make it easier to understand. I don't know how much more you can really say about the difference between ICW & SA but I worry a lot of folks don't grasp the importance.

Thanks! That's what I get for doing one last proofing run before shutting down for the night. I also appreciate your feedback about highlighting the distinctions. I changed that passage to read like this:

"Also note, when we start talking about hard armor, there is a distinction between ICW and SA plates. ICW means "In Conjunction With" - that is, an ICW plate must be worn in conjunction with soft armor (underneath). If you wear an ICW plate without soft armor, it does not stop the threats it says it stops - very important when you find that 'good deal' on a plate or weight that seems too light to be true! SA means "Stands Alone". SA hard armor plates can be worn all by themselves with or WITHOUT soft armor underneath them."

That helps?

Top Bottom