• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I am looking for a bag. I'd like it to be less than $50.

The purpose of this bag is to keep an AR pistol and chest rig in and carry it with me on overnight trips to hotels and such.

A friend of mine uses a tennis racket bag. I don't play tennis and you'd never guess by looking at me I play tennis. I also don't want it to weigh too much. The thought of a guitar case with Bernie and Hilary stickers is very intriguing but too big.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Don't be so quick to dismiss the tennis racquet bag. No one cares if you (look like you) play tennis or not. The size and the storage options on a nice bag are something to think about

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Don't be so quick to dismiss the tennis racquet bag. No one cares if you (look like you) play tennis or not. The size and the storage options on a nice bag are something to think about

Agreed. I've known a couple big guys that I'd expect to have trouble just getting out of a chair to be avid tennis players... not gonna go into how good they were but they played.

Tool bags have sturdy floor plate, some come with pockets, generous room inside, reasonable price.

True. Just go for nondescript ones. power tool names on the side paint a bullseye for theft.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not the right size for the OP, but an FYI for anyone interested. A shotgun with an 18" barrel will fit in a woman's lacrosse bag. They are 40"-44" gym bags with a large side pocket for the sticks. Even has a place for dirty shoes. Hypothetically a person could pack their clothes in this large gym bag and walk into a hotel. :cool: I think Men's bags are actually shorter? I am not exactly an expert in lacrosse gear, but apparently I have been known to attend out of state games. :laugh:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Not the right size for the OP, but an FYI for anyone interested. A shotgun with an 18" barrel will fit in a woman's lacrosse bag. They are 40"-44" gym bags with a large side pocket for the sticks. Even has a place for dirty shoes. Hypothetically a person could pack their clothes in this large gym bag and walk into a hotel. :cool: I think Men's bags are actually shorter? I am not exactly an expert in lacrosse gear, but apparently I have been known to attend out of state games. :laugh:
    I just checked out the lacrosse bag idea, I like it. I used an old sling chair bag. I put a pvc tube in it so it will keep its shape. Also I cut off the strap and I added magpul sling attachments to it so I can just use my shotgun sling. The wife has no problem carrying it in and out of the hotel.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Hell you could carry a soft rifle case, and most people wouldn't notice or even know (if they did pay attention), that it was a rifle case... They'd probably think it was a tennis racquet case :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom