Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Glock plugs

Quote Originally Posted by jesse485 View Post
    Plugs are not useless, and they don't fall out of the full and mid-size because of the lanyard hole. They really do aid in mag changes if the mag is not at a perfect angle. I believe my G23 has a Jentra, which is flush fit, I like it.
    Okay, so useless was harsh, but I personally didn't find any real benefit to it on my 23, 27, or 35. It fell out of all of them just the same. As far as mag changes, I could see that, but it certainly doesn't act as a magwell. Maybe I just got a bum plug and assumed they were all that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ATF Consumer View Post
    I couldn't just push mine in...it had to be pounded in. Hasn't moved, not even a hair.
    Yeah, okay, seriously thinking I got jipped on mine. I would rather have to modify and force it into place than have to pick it up off of the ground after the first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaclone45 View Post
    The plug was a decently tight fit and has not backed out at all during normal carry. The last time I went to the range I noticed the plug backed out about 1/2 inch after about 100 rounds. I pushed it back in and it hasnt moved since.
    Yep, that settles it, I got a defective plug, since I am the only one who seems to have the problem. Or it could always be user error.

To each his own, but I think I will do without for now.....thanks for not letting me steer him wrong!

Sam, do you know who made yours? I have to really work at getting the Jentra out.

Certified Glock Nut
    IMO, the biggest two advantages of the Jentra plug are:

1) they make reloads a little faster and smoother. They're not in the same league as a competition-style magwell, but they do provide a convenient indexing surface for the back of the magazine (flat to flat).

2) they turn an otherwise useless cavity into a space for storing small tools and/or parts. I usually keep spare trigger & locking block pins and a spare trigger spring in a little baggie in there. It's also a great place to keep the itty-bitty screwdriver for the factory adjustable sights if your pistol has 'em.

I've heard it argued that plugs are beneficial because they keep dust, dirt and lint from getting into the action. I've also heard they are detrimental, because they prevent carbon, brass shavings and other debris from exiting the action. I don't think they're a factor either way.

Finally, I know some guys who like the brass or steel plugs, because they add a little bit of weight to the frame, which improves the gun's overall balance.

FWIW, I use plugs in my full-size and compact guns, but not in my subcompacts. The Jentra plugs for the bigger guns lock into the lanyard hole and are very secure. OTOH, the ones for the subcompacts are friction fit, and I have yet to have one stay in the gun.

My

Plinker
    I have a Scherer slug plug in my 23. It clips into the lanyard hole and has never so much as budged, let alone slipped out, even after 250 rounds in a afternoon.

It's not flush like some are, but I just wanted to not have the hole there since every Glock I've owned gathers crap in it. Plus it was the massive expensive of $6, we're not talking $100 for a cosmetic piece.

I've found them at Beech Grove Firearms, Bradis and Elmore's.

I use the Jentra and like it, have never, ever had one fall out though...

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    OTOH, the ones for the subcompacts are friction fit, and I have yet to have one stay in the gun.

My
    I just double checked mine for the G27 and it is a Glockmeister brand...totally snug fit and I would need to use a knife or screwdriver to pry it out. There is no chance I could remove it without some type of tool.
    Glockmeister Online
    Fits MODELS 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,31,32,34,35 - (with slight receiver modification 26,27,28,33)

I didn't modify the receiver, I modified the plug.
    Last edited by ATF Consumer; 08-07-2009 at 19:09.

I made my own out of cherry wood.

All of my five Glocks are plugged. I plug them because I like they way they look. Without a plug, they look like they aren't quite finished. I've used about three or four different kinds of plugs and haven't had problems with any of them.

Tight stuff guys, seems strange they leave it open but to my understanding its for the safety lock thing they sell?

Anyway, will certainly be getting one soon!

Certified Glock Nut
    Quote Originally Posted by CSK22 View Post
    seems strange they leave it open but to my understanding its for the safety lock thing they sell?
    My understanding is that the backstrap cavity is an artifact left over from the molding process.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast