• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Just picked up a G23 from a fellow ingo member, and I am looking for a plug, does anyone have any suggestions on what kind, or where to get the best deal? Anyone locally or is it an online thing? Tried googling and found some but wanted to know of my INGO buddies knew of any deals or what a fair price would be

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Apparently it prevents particles or whatever from entering the firearm. Weather that's true or not I don't know.

Personally I like the look if it being flush and not having the hole. Just personal preference.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Quite honestly...the plug does nothing and it falls out very easily. Glocks are known for taking a beating and getting dirty, muddy, sandy, water logged and still running strong. I had a plug, but I might have thrown it away. It does give it a bit more flush "look" from a distance, but there is still a noticeable gap that exists. The plug does nothing for grip or performance, and as I mentioned, it falls out easily after a few shots. Plus, glocks feed on particals and dirt....it helps them run better! ;)

IMHO...save yourself the money. YMMV.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I have a plug in my G26. I just wanted to fill in the hole, really. Figured it would do a good job @ keeping lint out of the innards of the gun.

The plug was a decently tight fit and has not backed out at all during normal carry. The last time I went to the range I noticed the plug backed out about 1/2 inch after about 100 rounds. I pushed it back in and it hasnt moved since.

I don't remember what brand I have.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I have a plug in my G26. I just wanted to fill in the hole, really. Figured it would do a good job @ keeping lint out of the innards of the gun.

The plug was a decently tight fit and has not backed out at all during normal carry. The last time I went to the range I noticed the plug backed out about 1/2 inch after about 100 rounds. I pushed it back in and it hasn't moved since.

I don't remember what brand I have.

I have a plug too, as I wanted to fill the hole as well...must be a guy thing :D.

I have a G27 and the plug I bought from I don't know where (Beech Grove Firearms maybe) wasn't quite designed right to fit my sub-compact...I had to cut away a bit of the lip from the front (mag side) to fit. I couldn't just push mine in...it had to be pounded in. Hasn't moved, not even a hair.
    I like it, as it does help keep some junk out and keeps me from wondering..."what's that hole for?"

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    I have a lone wolf glock plug in my G26 and paid less than $8 for it online. It was a really tight fit and I like the way it rounds off / fills in the bottom of the grip.

If I were you I would try to find one at a store here in Indiana to save from possibly paying more in tax and shipping than the actual plug costs.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Plugs are not useless, and they don't fall out of the full and mid-size because of the lanyard hole. They really do aid in mag changes if the mag is not at a perfect angle. I believe my G23 has a Jentra, which is flush fit, I like it.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Plugs are not useless, and they don't fall out of the full and mid-size because of the lanyard hole. They really do aid in mag changes if the mag is not at a perfect angle. I believe my G23 has a Jentra, which is flush fit, I like it.

Okay, so useless was harsh, but I personally didn't find any real benefit to it on my 23, 27, or 35. It fell out of all of them just the same. As far as mag changes, I could see that, but it certainly doesn't act as a magwell. Maybe I just got a bum plug and assumed they were all that way.

I couldn't just push mine in...it had to be pounded in. Hasn't moved, not even a hair.

Yeah, okay, seriously thinking I got jipped on mine. I would rather have to modify and force it into place than have to pick it up off of the ground after the first shot.

The plug was a decently tight fit and has not backed out at all during normal carry. The last time I went to the range I noticed the plug backed out about 1/2 inch after about 100 rounds. I pushed it back in and it hasnt moved since.

Yep, that settles it, I got a defective plug, since I am the only one who seems to have the problem. Or it could always be user error. :dunno:

To each his own, but I think I will do without for now.....thanks for not letting me steer him wrong!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    IMO, the biggest two advantages of the Jentra plug are:

1) they make reloads a little faster and smoother. They're not in the same league as a competition-style magwell, but they do provide a convenient indexing surface for the back of the magazine (flat to flat).

2) they turn an otherwise useless cavity into a space for storing small tools and/or parts. I usually keep spare trigger & locking block pins and a spare trigger spring in a little baggie in there. It's also a great place to keep the itty-bitty screwdriver for the factory adjustable sights if your pistol has 'em.

I've heard it argued that plugs are beneficial because they keep dust, dirt and lint from getting into the action. I've also heard they are detrimental, because they prevent carbon, brass shavings and other debris from exiting the action. I don't think they're a factor either way.

Finally, I know some guys who like the brass or steel plugs, because they add a little bit of weight to the frame, which improves the gun's overall balance.

FWIW, I use plugs in my full-size and compact guns, but not in my subcompacts. The Jentra plugs for the bigger guns lock into the lanyard hole and are very secure. OTOH, the ones for the subcompacts are friction fit, and I have yet to have one stay in the gun.

My :twocents:

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    I have a Scherer slug plug in my 23. It clips into the lanyard hole and has never so much as budged, let alone slipped out, even after 250 rounds in a afternoon.

It's not flush like some are, but I just wanted to not have the hole there since every Glock I've owned gathers crap in it. Plus it was the massive expensive of $6, we're not talking $100 for a cosmetic piece.

IMGP1216.JPG

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've found them at Beech Grove Firearms, Bradis and Elmore's.

I use the Jentra and like it, have never, ever had one fall out though...

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    OTOH, the ones for the subcompacts are friction fit, and I have yet to have one stay in the gun.

My :twocents:

I just double checked mine for the G27 and it is a Glockmeister brand...totally snug fit and I would need to use a knife or screwdriver to pry it out. There is no chance I could remove it without some type of tool.
    Glockmeister Online
    Fits MODELS 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,31,32,34,35 - (with slight receiver modification 26,27,28,33)

I didn't modify the receiver, I modified the plug.

Last edited:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    All of my five Glocks are plugged. I plug them because I like they way they look. Without a plug, they look like they aren't quite finished. I've used about three or four different kinds of plugs and haven't had problems with any of them.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Tight stuff guys, seems strange they leave it open but to my understanding its for the safety lock thing they sell?

Anyway, will certainly be getting one soon!

Top Bottom