• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I'm looking for a prefab roof mount horizontal gun rack. Does anyone have one? Pictures of your own or from other forums would be great, links for purchase are even better.

I found this on another forum but the guy doesn't seem interested in giving me any info on it.

This is the basic concept.

jeepm1.jpg

jeepm.jpg

I have a feeling that I'll more than likely end up fabricating my own but anything I can learn from other designs would make mine that much better..

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    It looks like he made the head liner to form around the connection point for the rack. He put a bunch of detail into the finished project. Would like to see some details of how he mounted to the fiberglass top.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    It looks like he mounted it to the roll cage, I think..

I will do the same if I build my own, a couple of hose clamps or 1/4" T&B Ty-Raps and some 2" id thin wall stainless tubing cut in half for the ends. The center support bar should really be round tubing (better torsional resistance) with that big a lever arm hanging off of it.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I remembered this from the Fall Cabela's catalog...

i220670sq02.jpg

One gun is $55 and Two guns is $85...

I don't know if it is exactly what you wanted, but just a suggestion. I've never seen one in person...

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Two questions
    1. Is it mounted well enough that it is not going to break off and hit you on the head?
    2. What happens in a rear end collision? Will the weapon dislodge?

Excellent points, and my major concern. And the reason why even if I buy something I still may end up only using it as a design template. I trust my material selection and welding over some dude in China.

I remembered this from the Fall Cabela's catalog...

Perfect, thank you. I'm ordering the single, might be able to pick it apart for an custom overhead. If nothing else I can use it under the back seat as shown in the smaller pic in addition to a roof mount..

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    That looks like 1" square tubing, probably 1/8" wall minimum. 1/2" steel rod, or an ATV rifle mount cut where it would attach to a base.

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    Especially in a Jeep, even with a hardtop they are easy to get in to.
    Yeah, I was never a fan of leaving firearms in the car. Maybe in a rural area or something of that nature. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to keep my ar-15 in my vehicle, but just don't trust it. It's easy to smash glass.

This was my favorite, ADVERTISE it why don't you?!

333014903_1140498276_0.jpg

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    If you are going to mount one in your vehicle add a lock. Not only will it keep it secure but is also sturdier than a bungee cord, piece of rubber or Velcro in a crash.

They can be bought from several locations online.

16323.jpg

Top Bottom