Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Shooter

REVIEW: Converse 6" Rapid Response Desert Boot, side zip

PRODUCT REVIEW:

Converse Mens 6" Rapid Response Desert Boot Soft toe, side zip.

i bought my 3rd pair in over i guess a 4 year perios, over Memorial Day weekend from LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk because they were having a special of an extra 15% off and a free pair of 5.11 socks and FREE shipping. I received them on Monday and the total was $67.35 to my door. The last couple pairs cost me at least $90, so im already thrilled at the HUGE savings.

I have BIG feet and an agressive step, so i wear out shoes and boots pretty quick, but i must say that these boots have seen and done it all!! they have been worn in the desert, they have been worn on mountains, they have been worn in forrest, and the city, and in the snow. they have NEVER let me down or delivered anything but the best!!! I also have and do own a couple pairs of High Dollar boots ($200 +) and i must say the Converse Boots are much more durable and comfortable. They feel like a good running shoe but work like a boot. My biggest fear with the first pair i owned was the side zip feature. I thought for sure it would break, i NEVER babied it!! and the zipper never broke on any pair so far.
    The soles are slip and skid resistant and have bite!! with a great tread. Suprisingly the soles are worn but realy not that bad. with the amount of wear theyve seen compared to a shoe, the shoe would have holes in the soles by now.

I just wanted to give a review on a great product that is affordable and durable and easily compares to any high dollar boot. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!!!

Nice post es I cannot wait to see who this post pisses off. Lmao
    Are you serious? " "

Shooter
    just goes to show that you dont need to spend a lot of $$ (all the time) to get the best quality. I have learned that the hard way on many products, so my goal isnt to piss anyone off, its just to share a great reliable and affordable product.
    If your going to go deap snow mountain trecking or swamping is this the best boot for that?? no. but for the average person, soldier, police officer, buy with confidence!!! they will handle anything you can dish to it.

although it never ceases to amaze me at how vicious people get at justifying buying their high dollar "name brand" gear that they've only used at the range or in front of their mirror but still think its the best and would be suitible for invading Mexico..

dont buy gear because of what the company says it will do or people who havent realy used it for what its intended say it will do. buy it because people who have used it in the extreme say it will do what it claims to do. 2-cents
    Last edited by E5RANGER375; 06-10-2010 at 04:55.

Mine lasted about 3 months, and they were trashed. The sole on one side started splitting from the boot, and the zipper broke on the other. I was not happy. I'll never buy another Converse boot.

And no, I'm not pissed off, I just learned a lesson.

Shooter
    man your 1 pair sucked compaired to my 2 pairs and now 3rd. i guess i will have to deliver a 3 month update now on my new pair

i would have contacted converse they have a guarantee. sorry you had problems, but thanks for your review.
    Last edited by E5RANGER375; 06-10-2010 at 06:22.

Hey Ranger:

Do Converse's advertised sizes fit your "normal" size?

Some brands run small...some run big...

How about widths?

For me, I'm a size 13, and MOST brands' size 13 fit me. The kicker for me is width. I can't wear standard size 13 Nike shoes, I need a 13 wide.

New Balance...standard 13 fit.

Your experience?

Marksman

Converse Boot

I have had my Converse Boot for almost 2 years now with no problems at all.
    I was worried about the side zipper at first also but it has held up under some pretty tough use .
    I will definitly purchase another pair when I wear these out.

Do they have much arch support? That is the problem I have with their tennis shoes, there isn't any.

Shooter
    How do they do in the salt waters of the oceans while invading beaches? You didn't mention that.

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by 360 View Post
    How do they do in the salt waters of the oceans while invading beaches? You didn't mention that.
    LMAO. well since the proceedure involves wet gear and then dawn your dry gear, or we usualy just step on the heads of our dead enemy to keep our feet dry. so i wouldnt know but nice try

to respond to the above: In a shoe, i wear a size 13 and NIKE are narrow as a rule of thumb, but in the converse and the military issue boots ive always worn a size 12 wide. so they run big i guess. so i would say you would need what I get: a 12 wide. if you buy from LA police gear you can return them if they dont fit for free.

for arch supports, they are GREAT!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast