• ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    PRODUCT REVIEW:

Converse Mens 6" Rapid Response Desert Boot Soft toe, side zip.

i bought my 3rd pair in over i guess a 4 year perios, over Memorial Day weekend from LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk because they were having a special of an extra 15% off and a free pair of 5.11 socks and FREE shipping. I received them on Monday and the total was $67.35 to my door. The last couple pairs cost me at least $90, so im already thrilled at the HUGE savings.

I have BIG feet and an agressive step, so i wear out shoes and boots pretty quick, but i must say that these boots have seen and done it all!! they have been worn in the desert, they have been worn on mountains, they have been worn in forrest, and the city, and in the snow. they have NEVER let me down or delivered anything but the best!!! I also have and do own a couple pairs of High Dollar boots ($200 +) and i must say the Converse Boots are much more durable and comfortable. They feel like a good running shoe but work like a boot. My biggest fear with the first pair i owned was the side zip feature. I thought for sure it would break, i NEVER babied it!! and the zipper never broke on any pair so far.
    The soles are slip and skid resistant and have bite!! with a great tread. Suprisingly the soles are worn but realy not that bad. with the amount of wear theyve seen compared to a shoe, the shoe would have holes in the soles by now.

I just wanted to give a review on a great product that is affordable and durable and easily compares to any high dollar boot. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    just goes to show that you dont need to spend a lot of $$ (all the time) to get the best quality. I have learned that the hard way on many products, so my goal isnt to **** anyone off, its just to share a great reliable and affordable product.
    If your going to go deap snow mountain trecking or swamping is this the best boot for that?? no. but for the average person, soldier, police officer, buy with confidence!!! they will handle anything you can dish to it.

although it never ceases to amaze me at how vicious people get at justifying buying their high dollar "name brand" gear that they've only used at the range or in front of their mirror but still think its the best and would be suitible for invading Mexico.. :)

dont buy gear because of what the company says it will do or people who havent realy used it for what its intended say it will do. buy it because people who have used it in the extreme say it will do what it claims to do. 2-cents

Last edited:

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Mine lasted about 3 months, and they were trashed. The sole on one side started splitting from the boot, and the zipper broke on the other. I was not happy. I'll never buy another Converse boot.

And no, I'm not pissed off, I just learned a lesson. :)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    man your 1 pair sucked compaired to my 2 pairs and now 3rd. i guess i will have to deliver a 3 month update now on my new pair :)

i would have contacted converse they have a guarantee. sorry you had problems, but thanks for your review.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hey Ranger:

Do Converse's advertised sizes fit your "normal" size?

Some brands run small...some run big...

How about widths?

For me, I'm a size 13, and MOST brands' size 13 fit me. The kicker for me is width. I can't wear standard size 13 Nike shoes, I need a 13 wide.

New Balance...standard 13 fit.

Your experience?

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Converse Boot

I have had my Converse Boot for almost 2 years now with no problems at all.
    I was worried about the side zipper at first also but it has held up under some pretty tough use .
    I will definitly purchase another pair when I wear these out.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Do they have much arch support? That is the problem I have with their tennis shoes, there isn't any.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    How do they do in the salt waters of the oceans while invading beaches? You didn't mention that.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    How do they do in the salt waters of the oceans while invading beaches? You didn't mention that.

LMAO. well since the proceedure involves wet gear and then dawn your dry gear, or we usualy just step on the heads of our dead enemy to keep our feet dry. so i wouldnt know but nice try :):

to respond to the above: In a shoe, i wear a size 13 and NIKE are narrow as a rule of thumb, but in the converse and the military issue boots ive always worn a size 12 wide. so they run big i guess. so i would say you would need what I get: a 12 wide. if you buy from LA police gear you can return them if they dont fit for free.

for arch supports, they are GREAT!!!!

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    I figured ranger would surf in on his tab during a beach invasion. :D

Good to hear some positive reviews. I've been looking at these boots for awhile.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Thanks for the review. I've been wondering about the Converse boots.

I'm on my 5th pair of Danner Strykers. They used to be nice boots, but now with the newer soles and plastic eyelets they fall apart within about four to five months. I don't want to buy another pair.

I'll have to find a dealer to try them on, but I think Converse may be my next boot.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i refuse to buy anything from the company that manufactures chuck taylors.

my oakleys werent too much more expensive off of standard issue. those boots are at least as comfortable as my tennis shoes.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Great write up E5Ranger375, high $$'s doesn't always mean the best.

I buy from actual word of mouth, but can speak of Converse by first hand experience.
    My company supplies us with 2 pair of work boots/shoes a year, summer and fall.
    The Converse summer work boot I have has an aggressive enough sole and light enough to actually hike with and is really nice to wear when your on your feet for 12-14 hours a day.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i refuse to buy anything from the company that manufactures chuck taylors.

my oakleys werent too much more expensive off of standard issue. those boots are at least as comfortable as my tennis shoes.

my oakley assault boots fell apart in 1 week, no joke. they were very comfortable for a week though. :):

then the second pair took a whole 2 months to fall apart

ihateiraq: dont lie, if you could have wore chucks in combat you would have. ROTFL

IndyBeerman: yes thank you! I forgot to mention they are super lightweight for being so durable.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    my oakley assault boots fell apart in 1 week, no joke. they were very comfortable for a week though. :):

then the second pair took a whole 2 months to fall apart
    mine made it through 8 months in the desert, and theyre still going strong.

i was a gunner for about 4 of those months though, so all they did was walk from my chu to the truck and then id park my a** in that sling all day. they got hard use those other 4 months though.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    mine made it through 8 months in the desert, and theyre still going strong.

i was a gunner for about 4 of those months though, so all they did was walk from my chu to the truck and then id park my a** in that sling all day. they got hard use those other 4 months though.

mine were getting bookoo miles a day.

man i sure wish they would have done better. them Oakleys are some bad ace looking boots and they were comfortable too. The converse probly are just as comfortable. i got lucky finding them.

i still wear different types depending on what im doing, but for everyday wear, i rock the converse. the chicks dig 'em :laugh:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    just goes to show that you dont need to spend a lot of $$ (all the time) to get the best quality. I have learned that the hard way on many products, so my goal isnt to **** anyone off, its just to share a great reliable and affordable product.
    If your going to go deap snow mountain trecking or swamping is this the best boot for that?? no. but for the average person, soldier, police officer, buy with confidence!!! they will handle anything you can dish to it.

although it never ceases to amaze me at how vicious people get at justifying buying their high dollar "name brand" gear that they've only used at the range or in front of their mirror but still think its the best and would be suitible for invading Mexico.. :)

dont buy gear because of what the company says it will do or people who havent realy used it for what its intended say it will do. buy it because people who have used it in the extreme say it will do what it claims to do. 2-cents

Totaly agree with you. I have not tried said pair of boots. I like Airtac's, they can be bought from Galls. They are steel toed, 8", with side zip. Wore them as duty boots, and now wear them as my winter boots.

Top Bottom