• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I know this is a pretty entry level safe, but its super cheap right now. I only have a few guns so I really have no desire to spend more for a safe than I have in the guns themselves.

This is $249 at Harbor Freight right now and I have a 20% coupon making it $200 + tax. Seems like a better option than the similarly priced Sentry units which are basically lockers.

Executive Safe

Thoughts or anyone have one?

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    safe

Expensive is expensive...cheap is cheap...NONE is still NONE! Something is better than nothing IMHO. Money is always a big consideration as most of us don't usually have to much extra just laying around.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    That is far better than just sticking them in the closet or under the bed. Also, it may be enough to sway a thief from messing with it as most are more for a smash and grab rather than a drawn out heist.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Do they have them in stock at the Fort Wayne Harbor Frieght? I see shipping is an added $89 ....I would get one to hide in the spare room closet...let me know if you purchase one.. I really want to know what you think of it. I would have to see one in the store first though.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Do they have them in stock at the Fort Wayne Harbor Frieght? I see shipping is an added $89 ....I would get one to hide in the spare room closet...let me know if you purchase one.. I really want to know what you think of it. I would have to see one in the store first though.

I am probably going to pick one up Monday. I will report back with pics and stuff.

They had one on the floor, but I am sure it was a floor model and not for actual sale. My guess is some in the back maybe?

They have 20% coupons in a lot of magazines for harbor freight. Motor trend, NRA, etc.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well I ended up getting it, they had several in the backroom. Imo its a bit more sturdy than the similarly priced Sentry models and has plenty of room for my collection. It certainly wouldnt be enough for guys who have 5+ long guns and several pistols plus ammo, etc. I am going to be getting two more pistols and a shotgun to go along with my Charger and SR9c so its more than I will ever need.

It must be bolted down because the door is the heaviest part and it will tip if you swing the door out all the way. It has four predrilled holes on the floor and four in the rear. I drilled two in the side and two more in the rear and then drilled the concrete on the bottom. It is pretty secure so unless they want to rip out concrete and wall studs its not going anywhere.

Now as for the lock, I am sure a seasoned thief will have their way with it in a few minutes. It has the number pad and then a round key as the backup. The keypad has 4 C size batteries running it with a low battery light. Not sure if it beeps or not though.

I think the front looks pretty thick as you can see in the pics, certainly given the price. I am going to build my own shelves because on this one you either have shelves across the whole thing, or not at all and I want to keep some room for long guns and then have shelves for handguns and ammo.

It ended up being 213 and change with tax. I am satisfied so far considering some of the small sentry safes or honeywells were $100 and barely fit two handguns. Granted they were fireproof and this one is not, but I have another small fireproof safe for documents and stuff.

My only real gripe is that its Notre Dame colors, much like ND I think my safe thinks its better than it really is. But it could be worse, it could be cream and crimson.

Well here are some pics, ask if you have any questions.

img5181.jpg

img5182.jpg

img5183x.jpg

img5184.jpg

img5185.jpg

img5186.jpg

img5187.jpg

img5188.jpg

img5189.jpg

img5190.jpg

img5195.jpg

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Thanks for the pics. I too went and looked at one but did not like the handles or lock. Long story short, I sold an extra car i had and ended up getting a Liberty Fatboy 64 gun safe. For the price I got it for, I could not say "no."

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Thanks for the pics. I too went and looked at one but did not like the handles or lock. Long story short, I sold an extra car i had and ended up getting a Liberty Fatboy 64 gun safe. For the price I got it for, I could not say "no."

The handle on the actual one you buy is on better than the display model. The display was very lose, but yeah its certainly an entry level safe, but for the $$ its not bad.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I would agree for the price it isnt a bad safe. Especially if you had nothing to begin with. It seems everyone is having sales on safes right now. I was at Dunhams yesterday before I bought my safe, they had a sale that took about $300 bucks off the price of every safe. I ended up getting the Liberty from Big R. I figured a 64 gun safe would be as big as I would ever need. Plus I got it with many options for about half of the MSRP on the libert safe website!

Top Bottom