Anyone tried to put Magpul PTS goodies on their real gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    So I just learned that magpul makes PTS (precision training & simulation) gear for training and they make a lot of their regular parts in the PTS line as well (specifically the AFG).

I was wondering if anyone has tried to install any of the PTS items on a real gun.

Here is a regular AFG:
    AFG_pkg.jpg

and here is a PTS AFG:
    AFR-0189_LRG.jpg

*these pics are not mine I got them off of google.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Any difference in price? My first thought is a "discout line" that they can use to attract additional folks who don't want to pay full price for the originals. But then again, most of the Magpul stuff is pretty affordable to begin with, and a good value for the price at that.

Interesting information that you found though!

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Well I found the PTS AFG on ebay (from hong kong) for $22.99 shipped, but a regular one is more than that. The PTS stuff is supposed to be some kind of airsoft training system from what I understand, so I was wondering if anyone knew if they fit/work on real metal rails.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    They're licensed by Magpul for use on airsoft guns. The polymer used to make these parts isn't the same as the us made parts. While I can't say for sure that they won't hold up, but I make a few bets, they are built dimensional the same as the regular parts.

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    PTS stuff is made for airsoft. M.O.E. is made for real guns. For the little if any savings I wouldn't think it would be worth the risk. I don't know that anything coming from overseas will be dimensionally the same either, quality control is probably non existent.

Top Bottom