• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Looking for a good belt that will hold a OWB paddle holster with a full size pistol comfortably. I looked at the western store and TSC they usually carry good quality heavy duty belts but I had no luck finding anything that didn't have a bunch of crazy designs on it. Any ideas?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    What kind of crazy designs? Are you just looking for a plain belt with no pattern at all?

I've found a few at Rural King, and every once in a while a nice belt at Kohls..

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    What kind of crazy designs? Are you just looking for a plain belt with no pattern at all?

I've found a few at Rural King, and every once in a while a nice belt at Kohls..

They had the big western metal designs attached to them. I don't mind the stitched designs but don't like big chunks of metal on my belt. Just a somewhat plain heavy duty belt that will support and will hold up to the daily carry is all I want.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Looking for a good belt that will hold a OWB paddle holster with a full size pistol comfortably. I looked at the western store and TSC they usually carry good quality heavy duty belts but I had no luck finding anything that didn't have a bunch of crazy designs on it. Any ideas?

Sure, all the leather holster makers also make EXCEPTIONAL gun belts. I am currently wearing an El Paso Saddlery belt. Was about $80. Will last me for a decade.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Picked up a plain black belt with a plain silver buckle at the 1500 for something like 30 or 40 bucks. It is solid and almost doesn't go through my pant loops. Works like a charm.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Picked up a plain black belt with a plain silver buckle at the 1500 for something like 30 or 40 bucks. It is solid and almost doesn't go through my pant loops. Works like a charm.

Yep, the guy who sells the bull belts is great. I have used one for three years and I suspect it will continue to serve me a long time. I need to get a brown one at the next show.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Sure, all the leather holster makers also make EXCEPTIONAL gun belts. I am currently wearing an El Paso Saddlery belt. Was about $80. Will last me for a decade.

No place around here sells either of those kind of items. That's why I was wanting to find possibly an alternative option. Not necessarily a "gun belt" but something that would be just as heavy duty. Thank you for the suggestion and I'll do some searching online to see what I can come up with.

Thinking about going next weekend so that might be an option. Thanks

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011

Seriously, go to Store | Progressive American Laser. they sell on line for $44 but I got one at show for $35. It is nearly twice as thick as one I got from an LGS. I paid $80 bucks for the belt in my ignorance! it is very good but not nearly as good as the one I purchased at gun show and they sell online at Classic City. I'm getting one in every color next show.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The guy that sells belts at the 1500 makes a nice one, as mentioned. I have one and it works well. I recently bought two new belts from a gentleman in the Carolinas that is even better, $45 including shipping. There are pictures of his belts on SIGForum, and his email address is jbissell@triad.rr.com

These are two pieces of hide sewn together to make a 1/4" thick belt, and it is amazing. If you email him he will send you pictures of the color and buckle choices. I doubt the two I have (in different colors) will ever wear out, but he's my belt guy from now on.

Ebux

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Have you tried crossbreeds web sight they make some very nice belts and are priced reasonably.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana

Exactly what I was going to say. I picked up a brown one & a black one at the last 1500 for $30 each. They're very thick & sturdy, & hold up my full size M&P .45 with my leather holster as well as my Serpa belt holster. I'd recommend checking them out next weekend.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville

Yep, the guy who sells the bull belts is great. I have used one for three years and I suspect it will continue to serve me a long time. I need to get a brown one at the next show.

I got my gun belt at the 1500 a few months ago from the guy below. I highly recommend them. I would at least look at everything he's got with him at the 1500 before you order something you don't know online.

picture.php

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    i bought one at the fort wayne gun show. daltech force gun belt. got it for 35$. online site lists it it 65$. good looking, firm and comfortable.

Top Bottom