• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    I found these deep in another post on this site and thought i would give them a try. After ordering them about a week ago they came in today and I just finished installing them on four guns this evening. They were very easy to install, just follow directions and make sure sites are clean prior to starting. I have trijicon sites on another one of my guns and while those are nice because they are "always on", the Nitesiters need to be charged with a flashlight or lamp, but once they are they shine much brighter than the Trijicon. I'll be interested to see how well they last through the night.
    By the way I did all four guns for under $13.00 including shipping.:yesway:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The only bad thing I hear about them is that they are overly bright, from what I hear that can be a bad thing. I use the Trijion night sights but they are the only ones I have ever had so it will be interesting to hear how you like them.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    BG: *approaches quickly in the shadows* I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!
    You: Time out!! *gets out flashlight, shines on sights, waits 10 seconds* OK GO!

:D

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    So basically (being very simple here) these are just glow-in-the-dark stickers that you put on your gun-sights?

I am interested in this, it will be a good alternative until I can get me some Crimson Trace grips.

Please post back and let us know how they are.

rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    BG: *approaches quickly in the shadows* I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!
    You: Time out!! *gets out flashlight, shines on sights, waits 10 seconds* OK GO!

:D

Not the plan for me. You charge them before the evening begins and they are supposed to last all night.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Interesting, it may be something to add on and just charge before bedtime; and, still keep high quality non-glowing sights on the pistol. I am looking into them.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    So How long do these stay "charged". Do they last all night? And how long is all night, eight hours?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Not the plan for me. You charge them before the evening begins and they are supposed to last all night.

That's all fine and great, as long as you make sure to charge them on the night your home invasion happens.

I understand that these are inexpensive, and putting them on a "fun" gun might be ok, but I'd strongly recommend spending the $90-$110 on a set of real night sights for a serious fighting gun.

:twocents:

rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    That's all fine and great, as long as you make sure to charge them on the night your home invasion happens.

I understand that these are inexpensive, and putting them on a "fun" gun might be ok, but I'd strongly recommend spending the $90-$110 on a set of real night sights for a serious fighting gun.

:twocents:

As I said I have the Trijicon sights also and they are good because they are "always on". This looked like it would be worth a try. I am testing to see how long they stay charged with different "charges" ie...direct light, indirect light, daylight. If they don't suit my needs, off they come, I'm out 13 bucks. No different than if a person bought a brand new gun, tossed in some ammo and went to war. I wouldn't trust anything without understanding the pros and cons. Thanks for your valuable input.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    rocked- although my post was in reference to yours, I wasn't exactly speaking just to you. It was more for those who are reading the thread and might be considering a set. I was just trying to give another opinion.

After a couple weeks let us know how they've held up, and what you do/don't like about them.

rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    Well, after testing a few nights. I am able to say that they will not last eight hours but I have been able to get 5 hours outof them with indirect floresent lighting and about 6 hours with 30 minutes of direct halogen light. Not going to say these are the answer but for the investment they do a good job. If you need something that will always be there when you need it go with the Trijicon sights or something similar. Trijicon is the only night sights I have on my other guns. I am thinking of trying the ambiglow on my FNP if anyone has any expereince with those let me know your thoughts.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the update!

These might also be an option for those who can't get out to their favorite outdoor range until later in the evening time. They could have these and "charge" the sights for longer shooting time. This is assuming a gun that wouldn't already have tritium sights on it, like a favorite revolver or .22 plinker.

Top Bottom