• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    Can anyone tell me if the Thermold AR Mags. any good? I found a place on line that has 30RD. Thermold AR-15 Type Mags. for $62 bucks for a pack of 10. It said they are New Canadian 30rd, with removable floor plates. Composite molded body and follower,Coated steel spring. Will they work in a colt M-4? Thanks for the help.

Littlejoe

toomuchfun57

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    not a fan

I recently bought 5 20 rnds and 5 30 rnds and had to take a dremel to them to get them to feed my Spikes AR

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    I have 3 of the 20 rnd Thermold. They work but nothing to write home about. I don't use them anymore. Now I only buy STANAG, PMags, Troy, Lancet, CAA etc. The quality of these mags are far superior to Thermolds. Plus there are an awful lot of sharp edges on the Thermolds particularly on the feed lips that do quite a job on your fingers.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I hear the Thermold magazines are terrible.

The key word is HEAR. I have multiple 30rd Thermolds that are absolutely flawless. Some are even marked from being used by the Canadian Army. Moral of the story is that these are GTG.:ingo: I store them loaded and periodically check them. I haven't had a problem yet.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have 10 of them (AR 30rd).... never had a problem..

I have 10 or so also. Never a problem with the half dozen I've used so far.

I don't store any of them loaded, however. That may be where some folks are having issues with the polymer being overstressed.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I don't know who Mosinguy heard that from, but Thermolds are fine. In fact, the Canadian military uses, or at least used to use them. I have some and have never had any problems.

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    I don't know who Mosinguy heard that from, but Thermolds are fine. In fact, the Canadian military uses, or at least used to use them. I have some and have never had any problems.

You are right, They are or were used by Canadian Gov. It is stamped on them. or so they told me when I just ordered them. I got them for $6.20 each and they are new un-used.We will see. Thanks .:patriot:

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    I have 2 of them. They fit good, but would not release smoothly. I had to shave the sides just a little bit to make them function as I thought they should. After that, they work quite well.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I've got a couple, I haven't had issues with them feeding, but I haven't used them that much. They are much softer plastic and will break much easier than the other plastic mags out there.

I hit one with a standard claw hammer and cracked it. Same test on magpul, the hammer just bounces off and the mag is fine.

FWIW these were 20 rd mags I got from CDNN investments.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    I know Bradis used to carry them and would do a 3/$20 special every now and then. I bought a few 30 red mags and have never had a problem with them. I used them in Spikes, Tactical Innovations, and a Mega billet lower.

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    They do have some sharp edges and can tend to be a little rough. That being said they run fine and can be left loaded and won't crack, unlike some of the pmags.

Top Bottom