• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Subject to change, but here are the class dates for 2016. Most of the classes will be held at the Riley Conservation Club. Details will accompany individual class announcements.

Please Note changes as of 15May16

26Mar Rifle Pistol Shotgun Tune up day. Range will be open and ACT will provide materials to set up all our drills. John will be available for private sessions.

23/24APR Mercop

28May One Hand Manipulations. Same restrictions on this class as always.

16Jul Defensive Rifle. Combined 101/201 with some added attractions.

20Aug Survival/Woodscraft Fundamentals

24Sep ***Cancel*** Defensive Shotgun. The fundamentals in the morning session and the applications in the afternoon

15Oct Defensive Pistol. Combined DP101/201 class.

19Nov Emergency Medical Overview

3Dec DP205b Low Light Skills

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    For those following the thread, I can't say enough good things about ACT, and highly recommend the low light class in December. Very much an eye opening session about how to use a handgun in those conditions. The fact is very few of us ever train regularly in the conditions that are most likely to be present if / when we ever need to use our handgun in self defense.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    21May One Hand Manipulations. Same restrictions on this class as always.

Same time as the NRA convention in Louisville KY. You might want to reevaluate if possible.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    John,

Looks like some more great classes scheduled for 2016. I was going to e-mail or PM you but thought others may have similar questions so posting here. I am familiar with some of ACT's offerings and know you post up descriptions nearer the actual event, but I have a couple of questions since I am trying to map out some training for the year. I checked your website but didn't what I need. What is the deal for the "26Mar Rifle Pistol Shotgun Tune up day...". Is there an hourly rate and we book timeslot or a block of time ?

Any info on the 20Aug Survival/Woodscraft Fundamentals class? Fire starting, shelter, traps, eating earthworms????

I am definitely interested in those along with others classes which you offer and look forward to training with the ACT crew again this year. I have reviewed some of the class material in the past and even when you guys put on the same class annually there always seems to be additional material, drills and twists that keep the material fresh even to the 'frequent fliers'.

What will Mercop's class be like/entail? I assume similar to previous classes, which I have not taken but heard good things about. He had me at gum shield and cup not required but recommended, or something similar.

Who will be instructing the Survival/Woodscraft Fundamentals and Emergency Medical Overview classes?

Thanks,

Nigel

PS When you said subject to change you weren't kidding!

Please Note changes as of 12Feb16
    26Mar Rifle Pistol Shotgun Tune up day. Range will be open and ACT will provide materials to set up all our drills. John will be available for private sessions.

23/24APR Mercop

24Sep Defensive Shotgun. The fundamentals in the morning session and the applications in the afternoon

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Replies are imbedded.

John,

Looks like some more great classes scheduled for 2016. I was going to e-mail or PM you but thought others may have similar questions so posting here. I am familiar with some of ACT's offerings and know you post up descriptions nearer the actual event, but I have a couple of questions since I am trying to map out some training for the year. I checked your website but didn't what I need. What is the deal for the "26Mar Rifle Pistol Shotgun Tune up day...". Is there an hourly rate and we book timeslot or a block of time ?

This one is just a day at the range. I will have all the materials to set up ACT drills. The range will be open with 2 bays with steel targets, the rifle range out to 240 and which ever drills attendees want to set up and shoot. That goes all day. I will be on site and available for private instruction in one hour blocks.

Any info on the 20Aug Survival/Woodscraft Fundamentals class? Fire starting, shelter, traps, eating earthworms????

This one will concentrate on the 5 c's concept of survivability and the first 72hrs. Cutting tools, Combustion, Containers, Cordage and Cover. Hands on portions of this one will be on fire, knots and lashings, processing water and shelter. Discussion will include gear and a survival kit in a 1lb coffee can. Food (traps and eating earthworms) comes later.

I am definitely interested in those along with others classes which you offer and look forward to training with the ACT crew again this year. I have reviewed some of the class material in the past and even when you guys put on the same class annually there always seems to be additional material, drills and twists that keep the material fresh even to the 'frequent fliers'.

What will Mercop's class be like/entail? I assume similar to previous classes, which I have not taken but heard good things about. He had me at gum shield and cup not required but recommended, or something similar.

Mercop's offerings are always on topic and interesting. I'll leave it up to him to answer this one. There will be more data in the Tactics and Training forum.

Who will be instructing the Survival/Woodscraft Fundamentals and Emergency Medical Overview classes?

I will be the lead on both. We are hoping that Granger can come up from NC to help with the Survival class.

Thanks,

Nigel

PS When you said subject to change you weren't kidding!

Please Note changes as of 12Feb16

23/24APR Mercop

24Sep Defensive Shotgun. The fundamentals in the morning session and the applications in the afternoon

Top Bottom