Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best ammo to use with an SR9c?

Since I will be purchasing a Ruger SR9c in the near future, I was wondering what your preference in ammo was. Before I get the whole "9mm ammo should work" comments, haha, I mean, what type? FMJ, JHP, +P,+P+? Also, what are the advantages of each? Sorry if this is a noob question, but I am new...

Defense Hollow Points- 115gr Hornady Critical Defence or 115 gr Speer Gold dots
    Reason low recoil for the increased recoil of a compact handgun. Even though the Ruger can be fed anything, you're gonna want a lighter load in a compact so you are more on target for any necessary follow up shots. Though I have put lots of Remington Home Defense 124gr hollow points through mine with no problems. I keep Gold Dots in mine, and Critical Defense in my 2nd mag.

Range ammo Federal 115gr Full Metal Jackets.
    Reason cheap, and plentiful. And it lets you practice with the same grain weight you will be shooting.

Get yourself a good Half Moon Kholster for concealment and you are set
    WTS: Lots of Parts, AR Sights, Upper, Bolt Carry Group, Buffer Tube and Stock, Light
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/parts-...ock-light.html
    WTS PS90 MAGS, 1911 Magazine, Mag Carrier
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/parts-...ml#post4990582

If you really want to learn about defensive ammunition and terminal ballistics, here is the place:

Terminal Ballistic Information - M4Carbine.net Forums

The "sticky" threads (about 25) at the top are all by Dr. Gary K. Roberts, one of the foremost experts on the subject in the world.
    Robert E. Aldridge, NRA Certified Instructor, website: iftnra.com

Quote Originally Posted by NIFT View Post
    If you really want to learn about defensive ammunition and terminal ballistics, here is the place:

Terminal Ballistic Information - M4Carbine.net Forums

The "sticky" threads (about 25) at the top are all by Dr. Gary K. Roberts, one of the foremost experts on the subject in the world.
    That is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks a ton.

One more thing. Where does everybody buy their ammunition? Can the two listed in the second post be found at walmart?

The Federal 115 gr FMJ can be bought at Walmart for $10.47 everyday.

I can't speak for the SR9c, but my two SR9's seem to prefer 115 gr ammo over anything else.

BTW, USA Ammo has 9mm 115 gr FMJ for $8.45/50. I bought 250 rounds to try it out. My son shot it at the last FNS and it cycled perfectly, and was accurate enough for him finish very high in the unlimited class. I'm VERY proud of him!

Walmart sells Remington 115 gr jhp for like 25 bucks. they are the 100 packs. that is what i use in my 9mm's.
    This is What I live For!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    The Federal 115 gr FMJ can be bought at Walmart for $10.47 everyday.

I can't speak for the SR9c, but my two SR9's seem to prefer 115 gr ammo over anything else.

BTW, USA Ammo has 9mm 115 gr FMJ for $8.45/50. I bought 250 rounds to try it out. My son shot it at the last FNS and it cycled perfectly, and was accurate enough for him finish very high in the unlimited class. I'm VERY proud of him!
    I haven't fired my c yet,but my SR9 eats anything and everything with never an issue.

I've shot it at FNS a few times and it always performs well. Congrats to your son! Maybe one of these days there will be 2 SR9s in the unlimited class!

The UMC Remington 250 round bulk pack I bought ONCE was a total pile of crap. (yellow box).

Every 9mm pistol I own choked on it every 5 rounds or so... slide never locked back either.

Other than that, pretty much everything else works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    I haven't fired my c yet,but my SR9 eats anything and everything with never an issue.
    Our 2 SR9's will also eat anything we've run thru them. Totally 100% reliable. Both have had about 1500+ rounds ran thru them and we have NEVER a single issue with either one. You all can keep your Glocks. I'll keep my American made handgun thank you.

As far as consistancy/accuracy our 2 SR9's like 155 gr ammo better than 124 or 147 gr.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast