ANY VALUE FOR M60 7.62X52 LINKED AMMO PICS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cigarman454

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    East Central, IN
    Is there any real value to these battle packs of 7.62x51 battle packs or should I dlink them and shoot em? The head stamp is marked FA 60 I assume there Frankford Arsenal 1960. Thanks Donnie :ar15:
    m60-1.jpg

m60-2.jpg

m60-4.jpg

builder_one

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'd love to tell you no and pay you a pittance for them but, I'm guessing that it being boxer primed US made ammo it'd bring $0.40+/- per round. It looks to be in great shape. If it were mine I'd shoot it and save the brass. Given the age I wouldn't be surprised if most or not all of the tracers didn't light.

cigarman454

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    East Central, IN
    Thanks for your input. I couldn't find anything that says its collectible however how many people have ammo cans with the real contents inside (and I have 2, 4 battle packs). I think I will have to leave them in my safe for now. I still find it hard to think of delinking something like this it's a great conversation piece but if I ever decided to I wanted to be sure I wasn't destroying something valuable. I acquired these from an estate sale and also have 498 rounds with match on the head stamp from LC & FA.

Thanks, again
    Donnie
    :ar15:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I would be careful about shooting the tracer rounds through a standard barrel myself. Military firearms, chrome lined bores and breach, will do reletively well, but I would not want to shoot them down a standard bore.

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I would be careful about shooting the tracer rounds through a standard barrel myself. Military firearms, chrome lined bores and breach, will do reletively well, but I would not want to shoot them down a standard bore.
    Why is that? they don't light-up until they are out of the barrel and downrange.:dunno:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I've got a lot of M2 Ball and M2AP from WWII and Korea. I used to shoot it a lot but quit. I don't see it very often, and when I do it's high priced. Now I shoot the CMP ammo, and in 7.62x51 I shoot DAG ect.
    I prefer to leave the old USGI in safe keeping.

Top Bottom